Lautaro Martinez

Riordon

Game tonight showed we indeed need a Suarez replacement but IMO more importantly a winger who is fast with and without the ball and who can run in behind. Think Gnabry/Son.

That way teams can't press us so high. Right now we have no threats behind the defence besides Alba.

wisconsincule

Game tonight showed we indeed need a Suarez replacement but IMO more importantly a winger who is fast with and without the ball and who can run in behind. Think Gnabry/Son.

That way teams can't press us so high. Right now we have no threats behind the defence besides Alba.

If only Dembele could pan out.....

Riordon

If only Dembele could pan out.....

Yes, such a shame. The profile we need is very rare. I can’t think of anyone who aren’t already at huge clubs. Werner could be an option for that role but lacks the dribbling/carrying of a winger. Sancho could be considered aswell if he is available for a reasonable price. Rashford has improved greatly but just renewed.

Something like Werner/Sancho/Rashford - Lautaro - Messi would be very nice to see. Able to hit deep blocks but also on the counter. Sell Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

We have money for one massive transfer at best and that should be a centre forward. LW would be nice, but we still have Fati, Dembele and Griezmann (yeah) for that position. As soon as Suarez doesnt perform (or is injured) we are royally f*****. Every lineup with a worldclass left winger, Griezmann and Messi looks much worse than Fati/Dembele/Griezmann-Martinez-Messi on paper. Griezmann is not a lone striker. And to gamble on Fati as a '9' is insane (I really dont see it).

I would also like to see Martinez-Messi-Griezmann ;D

CatalinR10

If we don't get Neymar the board will probably get Lautaro to play him on the LW instead of Griezmann.

Lautaro - Suarez - Messi

Of course that won't work so the board will buy another 100 mil striker the year after and play him on LW.

Sailor Mars

If we don't get Neymar the board will probably get Lautaro to play him on the LW instead of Griezmann.

Lautaro - Suarez - Messi

Of course that won't work so the board will buy another 100 mil striker the year after and play him on LW.

Sad but true. Suarez is never getting benched unless he himself decides to leave the club.

Messi983

Well, that's what you get when you're a bestie with the president, sport director and coach of the team. :redbeard:

Xtroverto

Suarez was literally the same type of player at Ajax.

Gabriel Barbosa is nothing more than a glorified Mauro Icardi with a worse attitude.

Sure, and Lautaro is just another glorfied South American that is awarded an extra gold star just for being South American, he is nothing more than a glorified Matías Fernández, I have not seen a player so overhyped since Andres D'Alessandro.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I watched 1 game from Gabigol (the Copa final) and he was shit despite scoring 2 goals. Looks nowhere near good enough.

Andrew M

Sure, and Lautaro is just another glorfied South American that is awarded an extra gold star just for being South American, he is nothing more than a glorified Matías Fernández, I have not seen a player so overhyped since Andres D'Alessandro.

Great throwback names. Forgot about those two

BBZ8800

Great throwback names. Forgot about those two

I remember when I was young and naive.
Around 2003-04, I thought that Gago and D'Alessandro were going to be the two best midfielders in the world.
Because papers and a hype said so.
I used to always buy them in a Football manager back then.

And a mighty Royston Drenthe, lol.

Stupid papers and a stupid hype machine which works in the same way since always.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans