World Cup 2018

Judoman

Unbelievable Croatia! I have a soft spot for warrior spirit and these guys are showing it every single game. Congrats!:hooray:

serghei

Very disappointing from an England point of view of course because I didn't think Croatia were that great. We were too direct all game without really needing to be, the dominance in the first half gave us a false sense of security thinking we could just hit them on the break, which of course played into their hands completely because they were never going to tire so long as they had the ball all game. Oh well, we got much further than we thought and realistically were never going to beat France based on what I saw today, so as long as lessons were learned and we can keep being calm and rational and committed to a system moving forward I'm not too devastated. We could lament what might have been in this game if the approach had been different, but again based on what I've seen today the gap in the final would have been too huge anyway. Croatia were professional in possession and kept the game clean so good luck to them in the final, I suspect they will need it.

Nice comment, but what system? You basically had an easy path and scored a lot of goals from set pieces. Played 3 good teams in this tournament, Belgium, Colombia and Croatia. Lost 2 games and drew 1, winning on pens, with Colombia missing their best player.

Trickykid

Huge congrats to [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION], [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] and the other Croats on here! Well deserved.

England were just naff and by all rights shouldn't have come this far in the first place. So I guess we can all keep football then, as it isn't going home to England after all? Lovely!

BenRobbins

Good whilst it lasted, the country has been going mental for a few weeks now and was nice to restore faith in the NT. Thanks Southgate and the team.

All in all we weren't good enough to progress. We work hard and give it are all but lack quality in every area. Sterling, Henderson, Walker, Stones, Young etc Good enough against the lesser teams but poor when against quality opposition. Kane had a stinker. Thought Maguire, Alli and especially Lingard played well tonight.

Good luck Croatia in the final.

Hope France win.

Morten

Congratulations to all croats here, must be unbelivable for you, your first ever WC final, no?
You clearly deserved it on the night as well, outplayed England in the 2nd half.¨

Im just a neutral in this world cup, but im rooting for Croatia because of Modric pretty much, happy with the result.

Last edited:

West Saxon

Gutted we lost. I don't get to support my team in games of this size... well, ever. So to lose is really heartbreaking. At the end of the day, England's weakness throughout the tournament was a lack of ruthlessness in the final third. We just didn't have that top-level quality to create enough clear chances from open play. But look, who cares - I'm still so happy with this team. Worked so hard, played with such spirit, and exceeded everyone's expectations. And our fans were brilliant as always. And our manager... our manager is a fantastic man. So much love for Southgate. Boy, did he prove me wrong. Can't wait for the Euros.

Credit to Croatia. They were the better team in the second half and in extra time. Fully deserved win. Please, go on and beat France in the final. :cheers:

West Saxon

Huge congrats to [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION], [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] and the other Croats on here! Well deserved.

England were just naff and by all rights shouldn't have come this far in the first place. So I guess we can all keep football then, as it isn't going home to England after all? Lovely!
We weren't 'naff', we just lack that final, top-quality creative play in the final third. We compensated for that with our strength on set pieces, but that can only take you so far. We don't have great individual players, yet as a team we far overachieved. That's not bad at all. In fact, it's something to be very proud of. :)

Morten

We weren't 'naff', we just lack that final, top-quality creative play in the final third. We compensated for that with our strength on set pieces, but that can only take you so far. We don't have great individual players, yet as a team we far overachieved. That's not bad at all. In fact, it's something to be very proud of. :)

What i found weird is that England looked almost as tired as Croatia in extra time, despite Croatia already have played extra time vs Russia.

Home of Barca Fans