Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9173

Thread: World Cup 2018

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    Watching all Croatia's games this WC... I think they play close to Barcaesque tiki-taka football from Guardiola era (despite some goals from crosses, corners, pens e.t.c). Do you think so ? Look how many passes on the ground and attempts to score from open play with the ball to the ground...!
    Not at all.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    No, they can't. Germany, Brasil, Spain will get their shit together and start performing. England just got lucky with the draw this time. In order for them to compete they need better players, especially better midfielders.
    These things, England performing and the others not getting complacent, aren't mutually exclusive you know. Given good development, Alli and Sterling putting any or more trophies to their names, Southgate having to redevelop their attack beyond set pieces.. they can compete with these teams. It's not like a direct meeting with any of them would have definitely resulted in defeat. You can't bank on that anymore given what they built. Brazil may be favourites, but given what strengths England have built, there is enough to build a contender out of that.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagIX View Post

How can you be so stupid !?!?
    even more deservedly out!
    And they tell you this generation is likable.

I even believed it at the beginning.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    https://streamable.com/di6y2

England trying to score during Croatian celebration.
    A fair share of pages I'm following on social media are English and I remember they mocked the fuck out of "tinpot Panama" for this.

Also it was offside. Christ..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France is Croatia's culprit. They met 5 times and every time France won. This French side is experienced, they lost the final in 2016. They won't underestimate Croatia like England did. They should win the title this year. Mbappe will be unstopable for slow Croatians stoppers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy for Nestor Pitana, had a shaky quarter final in the last World Cup but has returned to be the best to referee in this tournament so far.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCule View Post
    France is Croatia's culprit. They met 5 times and every time France won. This French side is experienced, they lost the final in 2016. They won't underestimate Croatia like England did. They should win the title this year. Mbappe will be unstopable for slow Croatians stoppers.
    Mbappe didn't do much damage in last 2 games when he wasn't given space to show his speed, Croatia defense has been close to elite this far, sure if they conceded a goal and opened up Mpabbe and griez will be problem.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Mbappe didn't do much damage in last 2 games when he wasn't given space to show his speed, Croatia defense has been close to elite this far, sure if they conceded a goal and opened up Mpabbe and griez will be problem.
    Croatia does have a habbit of going behind first, against France, im not so sure if they can come back this time, very difficult to break down.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCule View Post
    No. They didn't win every time. 3 wins for France, 2 draws.

They are clear favorites, no doubt.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    How can they be professional footballers and not know it doesn't work like that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Believe me, the only reason im taking the piss is due to the aanglophilia in my own country, im happy England are out so the fanboys can shut up.
    England winning the world cup would have been unbearable here, nothing personal with you guys, im just tired of the fanboys over here.
    Same here, except replace England with Croatia.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defyqa View Post
    Same here, except replace England with Croatia.
    So, you have a problem with Croatophilia in your country?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Croats, I have many friends from your country, but this is just too much. Media is reporting that Croatian NT is our NT, we are brothers, and so on and on. It feels like we are living in the same country (again) I wonder whether it would be the same in your country if Slovenia were in Russia and you guys at home :P
    Last edited by defyqa; 12th July 2018 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defyqa View Post
    Yep. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Croats, I have many friends from your country, but this is just too much. Media is reporting that Croatian NT is our NT, we are brothers, and so on and on. It feels like we are living in the same country (again) I wonder whether it would be the same in your country if Slovenia were in Russia and you guys at home :P
    For some reason, I thought you were from Brazil. That's why I found it funny. It wouldn't, I believe.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    For some reason, I thought you were from Brazil. That's why I found it funny.
    Cheers.
    Well, I usually root for Brazil, so you were not that wrong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    It wouldn't, I believe.
    Why don't you like us, bros? We love you!