World Cup 2018

Joan

Anyway, what are Argentina's chances of advancing? Not only do they have to beat Nigeria by a big margin, they have to hope that Croatia does not lose to Iceland right? What are the scenarios?

Name points gd
Croatia 6 5:0
Nigeria 3 2:2
Iceland 1 1:3
Argentina 1 1:4

So, if Iceland wins they need to put one more past Nigeria than them. If Iceland doesn't, they only need to win.

Morten

The world cup is strange, a 1-0 Argentina is probably enough to qualify, despite their absymal performances, Mexico could go out with a 1-0 loss after 2 victories.

Joan

1-0 is enough, as long as Iceland dont win against Croatia, they dont deserve to go through with that, but thats just how it is.

What do you mean they don't deserve it? If they manage to be better than 2 other teams in the group, they do. No matter how bad they are.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The world cup is strange, a 1-0 Argentina is probably enough to qualify, despite their absymal performances, Mexico could go out with a 1-0 loss after 2 victories.

At the end of the day it is all about the overall result compared to the other teams in your group after all the group games were played, not how well you did or not at the start of the tournament. In the end it all comes down to the number of wins, draws and losses and the number of goals scored and allowed.

But some teams have better luck than others depending on what other teams are in your group, I think. Mexico's group is tougher.

Last edited:

likeafire

Still baffles me to this day that Bayern willingly sold Toni Kroos to Real Madrid, the man is world class.

Anyway, Brazil vs Germany, BRING IT ON! I see Brazil getting their revenge in spectacular fashion

Morten

Still baffles me to this day that Bayern willingly sold Toni Kroos to Real Madrid, the man is world class.

Anyway, Brazil vs Germany, BRING IT ON! I see Brazil getting their revenge in spectacular fashion

He has his weaknesses, such as being about as mobile as a turtle, so he needs cover, but give him cover and he is one of the best at controlling the game, not a bad longshot either.
Thanks to Bayern for practically giving him away to us, we are grateful.

serghei

He has his weaknesses, such as being about as mobile as a turtle, so he needs cover, but give him cover and he is one of the best at controlling the game, not a bad longshot either.
Thanks to Bayern for practically giving him away to us, we are grateful.

Wasn't he let go because of his salary demands?

JerseyAddict

Another triumph of the will for Germans.

Feel sorry for Sweden but it's their own fault, like Serbia yesterday.

World Cup is improving. Organisation is top notch and we might see some spectacular football and maybe more big surprises yet.

You should heard german tourists here after Kroos goal. Tables were rolling. Such yelling like they won WC. And later on "Die Manschaft" and usual... Wir sind am Besten un so weiter :D

Yannik

You should heard german tourists here after Kroos goal. Tables were rolling. Such yelling like they won WC. And later on "Die Manschaft" and usual... Wir sind am Besten un so weiter :D

German tourists yelling "Die Mannschaft"? I doubt those were Germans. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans