World Cup 2018

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ironically, just a day before the final I watched the highlights from Germany-Hungary final from 1954.

Now I know how Hungarians must have felt.

Judoman

After few hours i feel, like Croatia lost in kind of naive way. Partly because of the referee and partly because of their own mistakes.
I m wondering how the game would progress if that Griezmann dive before the first goal fk would have been ignored or/and if that Perisic "hand ball" would not be made in to pk.
I guess there is a price to pay, before wining the final game. France payed it in last euro.

Last edited:

Blaugranaa

The truth is that France eventually would have won either way. They let Croatia dictate the game but I'm sure France would have stepped up if they had gone behind. They played cleverly and never got themselves in a situation where they could have panicked. This is a clever way to play but when you don't cheer for the team you call it "boring football".

kilian

Croatia played better for the biggest part of the game, but ref mistakes killed the game. The penalty call was 50-50, no one can say it definitely wasn`t, but after the first goal and a double mistake it was too much for Croatia to come back.

Even Casillas said what`s the fucking point of VAR if you make a double mistake for the first goal and then use it to finish the team with a penalty.

The final definitely left a bitter taste, because we were the better team, but lost because of the ref factor. I`m glad Griezmann decided to stay at Atletico, because he entered my shit list. Great player, but a piece of shit diver whose dive fucked up the final.

Judoman

The truth is that France eventually would have won either way. They let Croatia dictate the game but I'm sure France would have stepped up if they had gone behind. They played cleverly and never got themselves in a situation where they could have panicked. This is a clever way to play but when you don't cheer for the team you call it "boring football".

That is not the truth, that s an opinion. Big difference.

Blaugranaa

When people talk badly about VAR they have to remember that there wasn't a single wrong offside call the whole tournament. How often haven't we seen these kind of mistakes become vital? These handball situations just need some more clear rules then there will be lesser doubt in the future. At some point not far from now I think we can see VAR be used to punish diving as well. In the Danish league they have introduced a video panel who has the power to re-watch games and punish players afterwards. Depending on how it's going to work I'm sure this can improve players behaviour on the field. VAR is here to stay.

kilian

When people talk badly about VAR they have to remember that there wasn't a single wrong offside call the whole tournament. How often haven't we seen these kind of mistakes become vital? These handball situations just need some more clear rules then there will be lesser doubt in the future. At some point not far from now I think we can see VAR be used to punish diving as well. In the Danish league they have introduced a video panel who has the power to re-watch games and punish players afterwards. Depending on how it's going to work I'm sure this can improve players behaviour on the field. VAR is here to stay.

Yeah, not one wrong offside call besides the one in the biggest game of the tournament. Pogba was offside for the first goal.

gsgosal

It’s allowed for a more technical game, less pushing and holding etc. This World Cup has been a great success largely because of it. Here to stay hopefully

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

VAR changed a lot o things, it will make set pieces as most important part of football which is a bit boring IMo, there will no more 50-50 call with handballs etc, it will be always called penalties. I suspect as time goes it will be used more extensively due to referees being afraid of making wrong call and being called for it which could disturb low of the game(basically most important aspect of football as entertaining industry IMHO)
I understand there is no coming back from VAR, but I would still like to change as right to challenge the referee from coaches, with each coach has that right twice a game. I think many sports has that
In Tennis and cricket players are allowed to review the decision . In cricket they get to review two decisions per innings . So if players judge a decision wrongly they will lose a review and won't be able to review after that which is fair imo

Home of Barca Fans