World Cup 2018

El Gato

Villarato!
Kane :worthy:

ref was shocking, to not even look at VAR when Kane gets taken down wwe style and then give Tunisia a pen for that :lol:

He can't look at VAR once play is restarted and the VAR officials don't even get the replay in time to pass it onto him.

Any sympathies I had for England quickly evaporated once the mongoloids in the pub started singing "Football's coming home" after a drab win against Tunisia :lol:

Opponents were solid, England made no attempt to get rid of the back 5 for 60 minutes of the game despite it being 1-1 and move up the pitch, two penos on Kane don't really change anything. Southgate has to acknowledge there were personal and tactical mistakes. Otherwise they'll not change their approach much, go out face Belgium and stronger teams and get their backsides handed to them.

El Flaco

Very Relieved to have won that. Made it very difficult should have won it in the first 20 mins.

Tunisia no mugs, drew with Spain and Portugal before the tournament and i was impressed by them, best of luck in the rest of the tournament.

Tunisia lost against Spain, although you're right about drawing against Portugal.

Either way, the results for preperation games for Euro/WC means sweet fuck all.

Sweden steamrolled Wales ahead of Euro 16, yet we're eliminated from group stage whereas Wales reached semi-final.

Givenchy

He can't look at VAR once play is restarted and the VAR officials don't even get the replay in time to pass it onto him.

Any sympathies I had for England quickly evaporated once the mongoloids in the pub started singing "Football's coming home" after a drab win against Tunisia :lol:

Opponents were solid, England made no attempt to get rid of the back 5 for 60 minutes of the game despite it being 1-1 and move up the pitch, two penos on Kane don't really change anything. Southgate has to acknowledge there were personal and tactical mistakes. Otherwise they'll not change their approach much, go out face Belgium and stronger teams and get their backsides handed to them.

he should of looked at VAR before he waved away the decisions then which we've seen how many times already this tournament?

I think we did well, this England team aren't the pussies we've seen in previous years and Kane is probably the best ST in the world. one huge problem though is the creativity in midfield, if they cant get the ball to Kane we'll be fucked vs the big teams. Belgium looked good but i don't think we'll get our backsides handed to us like many expect.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why England don't try more crosses. They want to play from midfield but it obviously doesn't work.

impeh

Hi, its me..
shouldve brought crouch to throw on for the last 5 minutes :lol:

thought we played well in the first half, wasteful though. Cant miss those kind of chances against bigger teams.

JamDav1982

Don't know why England don't try more crosses. They want to play from midfield but it obviously doesn't work.

Thought they passed the ball quite well and one of better sides in WC so far in that respect although Tunisia look poor.

Trippier did put in quite a few crosses but they have tried to build a side on energy, pace and movement really so more focused on that with ball but still put decent amount of balls in from crosses.

El Gato

Villarato!
he should of looked at VAR before he waved away the decisions then which we've seen how many times already this tournament?

He wasn't even aware something happened, can't pay attention to every tussle in the box. We as viewers only found out about the rugby tackle on Kane once the replay was shown a few seconds-minutes after. Play was gone. On both occasions. It's just the inherent flaw of the current system, nothing the ref can do about it. Given the truck are looking at the footage all the time, they would have shouted in his ear like they did in the Sweden game if the situation allowed for review. In that game situation was perfect, because the obvious foul was in full view of the main camera so VAR truck caught it at the same time viewers did. But with current arrangements, he can't award something one minute after anybody finds out there was a foul.

Last edited:

Asylum15

Hard to listen to the English media saying things like, ''that was the best football we've seen at the World Cup in that first half,'' but England deservedly won the game in the end (just).

However, Stones & Maguire will be shown up against better sides as both are average/below average players IMO. I respect Southgate I must say but this is not a very good English team and a variety of shortcomings were made evident tonight. Dele Alli was ineffective (potential injury aside) and Sterling/Lingaard can go missing in games. Kane is the deadly finisher of course but his hold up play was poor tonight, constantly taking heavy touches or making bad decisions.

England don't seem to intelligently attack spaces or move teams around, they seem to just pass according to a strict regimen and if it doesn't work they don't have the creativity to do something different.

Will qualify for sure but I don't see them going far.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

r u kidding me? this was a disaster

a lucky shot and great assist.
good players, no team

quite normal that Panama would collaps after a first goal

Have you watched Mertens with Napoli? Not luck, he's brilliant most of the time. Great playmaker and finisher.

You keep that kind of pressure on an opponent's goal throughout a game, almost always there's a "lucky" shot sooner or later. Same with Coutinho against Mexico. Picked up a clearance near the box and capitalized on it. But Belgium is better organized than Brazil.

Neymessi

Fuck me BBC and Linekar claiming England get no luck in tournaments.

If you can blame strikers not finishing easy chances on luck then they are defnitely unlucky this game. That pen was pretty soft imo so they are defnitely unlucky and even with bad finishing should have scored a bit more.

Home of Barca Fans