Page 554 of 614 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9200

Thread: World Cup 2018

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by West Saxon View Post
    I know, I agree with you. We are a better team now, but the individuals we have now are not even close to the ones we had then.

Kinda makes me sad to think what Southgate might have achieved if he had got his hands on Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Scholes...
    Who is to say he would have achieved anything different in the 2000s with the players you just mentioned?
    Part of the beauty in having a "workhorse squad" is that there wont be any big egos, Southgate would have had to deal with the egos of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. if he was coach back then, and probably would have failed like everyone else did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bježite ljudi bježite iz gradaaaaaa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Who is to say he would have achieved anything different in the 2000s with the players you just mentioned?
    Part of the beauty in having a "workhorse squad" is that there wont be any big egos, Southgate would have had to deal with the egos of Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. if he was coach back then, and probably would have failed like everyone else did.
    True, although the second part of Southgate's success is his faith in the ability of the players to be able to play attacking football. For the whole of that period, we played a rigid 4-4-2 with long balls and defensive football, when we had players capable of playing so much more attractively. I remember in 2010 when Capello had a team with Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney in it playing for a draw vs Algeria, I mean, what the fuck!? There is no way Southgate would play like that with those players. No way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRobbins View Post
    These EPL Fanboys are literally made up.

I have never seen any of these on here or redcafe. Nearly all of us are reasonable, the only deluded fans from EPL are liverpool fans.

There is such things as Messi Fanboys how ever and they wouldn't even care about Barca if he left. Its embarrasing.
    Redcafe is a cesspool.

Plenty of people there think that Ronaldo>Messi because Ronaldo played in England and Messi didn't.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish for all of you to witness the joy here. God bless you all.
    Pravi ateisti nemaju ikone na desktopu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally I‘m hella glad Croatia won. I disliked England for half-arsing the Belgium game to get on the "weak" side of the bracket and more importantly I’m thrilled not to hear this dead "coming home" meme over and over again. Their media is annoying and I‘m not even gonna start with some pretty annoying PL fans I‘ve seen the past 1-2 weeks. Good luck next WC but yeah, I can live with this final fixture.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Redcafe is a cesspool.

Plenty of people there think that Ronaldo>Messi because Ronaldo played in England and Messi didn't.
    in their defence its only 3 or 4 retards who think that, the same guys who '@' eachother when Cristiano scores a goal they're dedicated ill give them that

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    in their defence its only 3 or 4 retards who think that, the same guys who '@' eachother when Cristiano scores a goal they're dedicated ill give them that
    Utd-fans relationship with Ronaldo is quite something, i must say.
    He left them to spend his best years with us, why are they still on about him? A proper club legend like Rooney doesnt get anywhere near the same appreciation.

I will always like Ronaldo ofc, but its not like i will care about what he does in Serie A, maybe i will cheer for him the CL, if they meet Barca/Atletico, but not much more than that. Then again, we have more of a reason to appreciate him, as he is a much bigger RM legend than he is Man Utd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Utd-fans relationship with Ronaldo is quite something, i must say.
    He left them to spend his best years with us, why are they still on about him? A proper club legend like Rooney doesnt get anywhere near the same appreciation.

I will always like Ronaldo ofc, but its not like i will care about what he does in Serie A, maybe i will cheer for him the CL, if they meet Barca/Atletico, but not much more than that. Then again, we have more of a reason to appreciate him, as he is a much bigger RM legend than he is Man Utd.
    yeah its baffling. I mean sure i like to see ex-Barca players doing well but I genuinely believe when he scored vs United playing for Madrid some of them probably cried and jerked off at the same time. my United friend here was actually pissed off for almost an entire day when it was announced hes signed for Juve come home Ronnie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant believe this i love you all right now even paulino
    need to work in couple hours but im quite drunk shit who cares

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniecro View Post
    i cant believe this i love you all right now even paulino
    need to work in couple hours but im quite drunk shit who cares
    I feel ya
    Pravi ateisti nemaju ikone na desktopu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Englishman I must say congratulations to all Croatia fans. It was a thoroughly deserved victory. Best team won.

I hope you win in the final

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Hope that's fake - This sort of shit comes back to bite your ass pretty hard - The only exception is CR7!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its true though, at the end of the day, its still the same old England we all knew, resorting to random longballs once things get tight.