World Cup 2018

Joan

Realistically, we aren't going to win the World Cup anyway. Most people's expectations here in England were (are) to simply get out of the group. To do that, which we have, whilst playing some good football, is better - in my opinion - than to scrape through playing ugly football, which we did in 2010 and then got slaughtered by Germany anyway.

Not getting out of one of the easiest groups in the tournament would be a success.

England's doing very well, they can go far. It's really up to them.

West Saxon

Not getting out of one of the easiest groups in the tournament would be a success.

England's doing very well, they can go far. It's really up to them.
We are playing well so far. I am interested to see how we do against Belgium, where we will be the underdogs and have less of the ball.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Kane top goalscorer. Don't know why I didn't expect that. Group isn't hard and he is one of the best scorers in the world.

El Gato

Villarato!
We are playing well so far. I am interested to see how we do against Belgium, where we will be the underdogs and have less of the ball.

Belgium won't give a toss about that game. Suits them to finish 2nd to try and avoid Germany/Brazil in the knockouts and Southgate seems the type to win each game as it comes at the moment.

England are indeed to be feared. The conviction of some of these players is second to none in this tournament. The back line may not be solid, but they'll give a game to any team out there this year.

I think semifinal is well within reach, even if they run into a big team.

El Gato

Villarato!
This Japan side are proving a lot of people wrong, me included. When they sacked Halilhodzić people seemed to think they're in disarray. But their actual talent is pulling them through. Those that aren't already in mid-table European teams will surely be sought after following this tournament.

West Saxon

Belgium won't give a toss about that game. Suits them to finish 2nd to try and avoid Germany/Brazil in the knockouts and Southgate seems the type to win each game as it comes at the moment.

England are indeed to be feared. The conviction of some of these players is second to none in this tournament. The back line may not be solid, but they'll give a game to any team out there this year.

I think semifinal is well within reach, even if they run into a big team.
Teams like us - who are not one of the favourites - need two things to win these tournaments: 1) a solid defence and 2) an elite goalscorer. I think we would play differently against a top team, and in friendlies (yeah, I know, friendlies) we kept clean sheets against Brazil, Germany, and Holland. We are capable of building a brick wall. We also have Harry Kane, one of the best goalscorers in the world. With a slice of luck, we can go far.

Home of Barca Fans