World Cup 2018

Joan

No, lol. You clearly don't WANT to see it and you're trying everything to jinx it :p

I never said we wanted to see it. But there it is. Clear as day. Portugal wins it, it's beyond us, black and white magic, Zidane's tricks... no jinx can help us.

Putting my money where my mouth is in the morning.

BenRobbins

Dilema tonight for alot of England fans. Loads of people want Rashford starting but instead of who? Sterling is undroppable after the season he had.

Walker should be playing RWB imo, get him in his best position and i think Loftus Cheek deserves a start in the bigger games instead of Alli or Lingard.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Exactly, and Switzerland after winning:rockon: vs Spain failed to qualify for the 1/8:banghead::cry:

Yep but I am cautiously optimistic (As I was from before the Brasil match) about the Suisse qualifying for the knockout rounds - they are much better than the 2010 side eventhough we could really use a scorer like prime Alex Frei

West Saxon

It's the big one today. England have arrived. The tournament can start properly. :cool:

I'm cautiously optimistic we can do ourselves justice in this World Cup. Our strength is our defence, we don't concede many goals, and we do have a world class striker up front in Kane, and several other good, quick attackers like Vardy, Rashford and Sterling. My only concern is the midfield. Very workmanlike, will put in a solid defensive shift, but not the most creative, which might be a bit problematic against Tunisia who will probably be very defensive tonight. Lallana and / or Wilshere would have been very useful.

Basically, we need our defence to be as solid as it has been, and we need Harry Kane to bring his club form. If those things both happen, we can surprise a few people.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=22743]West Saxon[/MENTION]

AND you need the people to not jump on the bandwagon like a bunch of hopeful fools and remain humble and realistic. It's Southgate's big job to make sure the players feel that way too.

West Saxon

[MENTION=22743]West Saxon[/MENTION]

AND you need the people to not jump on the bandwagon like a bunch of hopeful fools and remain humble and realistic. It's Southgate's big job to make sure the players feel that way too.
The feeling around the team here in England is very humble and realistic, this time. Southgate is very popular, people are mostly happy with the team, and no one is expecting miracles - everyone I've spoken to would be happy with getting out of the group. Usually everyone demands at least a semi-final (which is unreasonable), but something seems to have changed this time.

I personally think we need to get out of the group. After that, we might be able to surprise a few people if we get some luck and things go right, but all I ask is to get out of this group, which we really should be doing. :)

Home of Barca Fans