World Cup 2018

malvolio

A poor WC overall for me. Every team, even the big ones, playing negative football just to get the result. I guess that's the thing nowadays. I say this from a neutral perspective as Romania hasn't qualified for a WC since 1998.
Also didn't get the Croatia hype apart from them being an underdog. They were so shite that they couldn't beat any team they've faced in the knockout rounds, in regular time, twice needing penalties against some poor sides.

France was another let down(as a winner) as they have the talent but play like they don't. Not mentioning Portugal or Argentina as they were always dependant on Cristiano and Messi. Brasil also disappointed massively and Spain just throwed the towel at the start.

Windhook

VAR changed a lot of things, it will make set pieces as most important part of football which is a bit boring IMo, there will no more 50-50 call with handballs etc, it will be always called penalties. I suspect as time goes it will be used more extensively due to referees being afraid of making wrong call and being called for it which could disturb flow of the game(basically most important aspect of football as entertaining industry IMHO)
I understand there is no coming back from VAR, but I would still like to change as right to challenge the referee from coaches, with each coach has that right twice a game. I think many sports has that

Great post.;) Unfortunately got lost in the bullshit argument last night.

aaron101

French team was singing " kante stopped Messi " in their bus . This includes Sam too :tata:

I don't see any problem with that. Last 2014 World Cup, Messi also sang with the team and fans the song.. Brazil how does it feel (Brazil decime que se siente) and he's friends with Dani Alves.

RMU ReBorn

I don't see any problem with that. Last 2014 World Cup, Messi also sang with the team and fans the song.. Brazil how does it feel (Brazil decime que se siente) and he's friends with Dani Alves.
i wasn't serious either . Quality banter from French team. it's a nice achievement for any footballer to stop Messi and mind you that's depsite him assisting twice . Levels

Morten

I wasnt aware that France only had one world cup prior to this one, so it must be huge for them to get a 2nd one too.
A bit disappointing for such a large footballing nation to "only" have two world cups, i must say. But then, Spain had never won it before 2010 for some reason either, so you cant just go and win it even if you have a lot of good players, i guess.

A poor WC overall for me. Every team, even the big ones, playing negative football just to get the result. I guess that's the thing nowadays. I say this from a neutral perspective as Romania hasn't qualified for a WC since 1998.
Also didn't get the Croatia hype apart from them being an underdog. They were so shite that they couldn't beat any team they've faced in the knockout rounds, in regular time, twice needing penalties against some poor sides.

France was another let down(as a winner) as they have the talent but play like they don't. Not mentioning Portugal or Argentina as they were always dependant on Cristiano and Messi. Brasil also disappointed massively and Spain just throwed the towel at the start.

Brazil played some nice football. For me the best team at this WC but hasnt luck.

Home of Barca Fans