World Cup 2018

Giginho75

arg and bra harder groups...
nothing of so difficult...
but some more effort than other competitors for the final victory...

anyway it's too soon yet.

Horatio

You're welcome
Dont be so sure, you better hope Argentina doesnt take it for granted as you do, they will be in for a surprise.

They won't take anything for granted. It's the World Cup after all and they are surely aware of Iceland's reputation. On the flipside people may underestimate Argentina. They deal with tougher opposition on average in South-America.

FCBfan22

If Messi has at least one in-form player in that Argentina squad (Aguero comes to mind), they should top their group. But if they are again a Lionel Messi one-man show, they could struggle to get out of their group. A lot will also depend if the likes of Banega, Pizzaro, Pastore, Fernandes, Biglia etc. can gel together. Also another thing is the question of the starting striker; Sampaoli must learn which striker can operate the best with Messi (my bet is on Augero, but there are also the likes of Icardi and Correa...).

Many things to work out before the mundial.

Giginho75

If Messi has at least one in-form player in that Argentina squad (Aguero comes to mind), they should top their group. But if they are again a Lionel Messi one-man show, they could struggle to get out of their group. A lot will also depend if the likes of Banega, Pizzaro, Pastore, Fernandes, Biglia etc. can gel together. Also another thing is the question of the starting striker; Sampaoli must learn which striker can operate the best with Messi (my bet is on Augero, but there are also the likes of Icardi and Correa...).

Many things to work out before the mundial.

no problem in attack for sampaoli (aguero, maybe the best partner for leo, but also higuain and icardi)...

the question is how albiceleste will play in the middle...
biglia bad season...
di maria again in the three midfielders or wing in the attack trident?
banega...i will never understand if he's a great player or not (probably the truth is in the middle).

furthermore some opponents are stronger than last world cup (brasil, spain, france) or on the same level (germany)...

too soon yet now...
we have to wait at least the spring to understand better shape of players and intentions of coaches.

Devils

Fam, I'm doing a world cup pool with a group. Cold earn myself some sweet $$$ if I win.

Tell me what you think of my predictions for the group stages...

1) Picks to advance

Group A) Uruguay and Russia
Group B) Spain and Portugal
Group C) France and Denmark
Group D) Argentina and Croatia
Group E) Brazil and Switzerland
Group F) Germany and Sweden
Group G) England and Belgium
Group H) Colombia and Poland

2) I can bet on teams to clean sweep their groups (win all 3 games) for bonus points so I went with the safe options:

Spain, France, Germany and Brazil to clean sweep.

What y'all think?

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Fam, I'm doing a world cup pool with a group. Cold earn myself some sweet $$$ if I win.

Tell me what you think of my predictions for the group stages...

1) Picks to advance

Group A) Uruguay and Russia
Group B) Spain and Portugal
Group C) France and Denmark
Group D) Argentina and Croatia
Group E) Brazil and Switzerland
Group F) Germany and Sweden
Group G) England and Belgium
Group H) Colombia and Poland

2) I can bet on teams to clean sweep their groups (win all 3 games) for bonus points so I went with the safe options:

Spain, France, Germany and Brazil to clean sweep.

What y'all think?

I think France won't clean sweep. They should, but Deschamps will fuck it up in one way or another. But, I agree with the other 3.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not up to Deschampes or that astrology fellow they had before. They are not a team and will not be in near future. Pretty much same as Netherlands had great teams 10-20 years ago and never amounted to nothing.

It will be European team though and my money is on Germany to defend the title.

Total-Football

Portugal are not going to make it past Morocco, you heard it here first. This is not sentimentaly biased it is an assessement

Morten

Iceland to sweep the world cup, and some random Icelander(?) wins the ballon dor, you heard it here first guys.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Portugal are not going to make it past Morocco, you heard it here first. This is not sentimentaly biased it is an assessement
How does it work at the WC? Can they fluke it with a third place in the group like they did at the Euros? Or do no third places advance?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Iceland to sweep the world cup, and some random Icelander(?) wins the ballon dor, you heard it here first guys.

Sorry to be off-topic, I watched "Den 12 Mann" last night and was moved by how courageous the Norwegian civilians were during WWII. Good movie. And I looked up those locations in the movie extensively, beautiful country you have [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION], [MENTION=12590]ThwiX[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]. :worthy:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sorry to be off-topic, I watched "Den 12 Mann" last night and was moved by how courageous the Norwegian civilians were during WWII. Good movie. And I looked up those locations in the movie extensively, beautiful country you have @Morten, @ThwiX and @DonAK. :worthy:

Haven't seen that movie, but this country for sure got some very beautiful and scenic locations. Expensive as hell though for tourists so be sure you have loaded your wallet if you ever visit Norway.

I don't know about Chinese tourists, but we get a horde of Japanese tourists here this time of the year. At least here in Oslo I see Japanese tourists all the time.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
How does it work at the WC? Can they fluke it with a third place in the group like they did at the Euros? Or do no third places advance?

No such fuckery at the WC. The Euros let third places advance because there were 24 participants and they had to make 16 teams advance to the play-offs.

Home of Barca Fans