Page 547 of 612 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9173

Thread: World Cup 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I celebrated like a madman.
    Congrats to all croatians here, esp bojan.

#SayNoToRacism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Croatia will be this time what Portugal was for France back in 2016.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Yeah you were pretty naff tbh. Showed a bit of heart but not a whole lot of quality. But absolutely congratulations on getting this far - with a squad like that, I wouldn't have put money on you getting past the groups. So yeah, you most definitely did overachieve.
    We weren't naff at all. We fall some way short of being one of the very top teams, and lack the top level quality in the attacking third, but we are a good team and outperformed all the favourites bar France and Belgium.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they can slow the game down and keep the ball they will have a chance, but I think if France up the tempo and hit them on the counter then they could get battered.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
    England are shite, they literally beat Tunisia (in the last minute), Panama (worst team in tournament), Colombia (penalties) and Sweden to get here

They were lucky with their route to this game and big teams all doing badly
    how are Colombia and Sweden easy? Sweden topped a group with Germany and Mexico in it and Colombia are always a threat. also you forgot to add '(no James)'

so much hate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    What i found weird is that England looked almost as tired as Croatia in extra time, despite Croatia already have played extra time vs Russia.
    what's really weird is that France gets an extra day of rest. After a heavy schedule, it's a big handicap to play after only 3 days of rest against a finalist who got 4 days. A big difference, even for extremely fit professionals. It's simply unfair and I don't understand why FIFA is still continuing to schedule the final that way. They could wait until Monday without losing many viewers.
    As a Barça fan, I still want France to win, just to see Umtiti dance and smile!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, bratya hrvati ! France next...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prospect of the third/fourth game is just depressing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by West Saxon View Post
    We weren't naff at all. We fall some way short of being one of the very top teams, and lack the top level quality in the attacking third, but we are a good team and outperformed all the favourites bar France and Belgium.
    I found you bland and boring, so let's agree to disagree.
    My own country were equally boring to outsiders, but I still enjoyed our run, and had fortunes been a little different, then we would have beaten Croatia in the shootout. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Killahead
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    How many World Cup winners will Inter have if Croatia win the final?
    2. If Vrsaljko joins Inter from Atletico 3.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    Cheers, bratya hrvati ! France next...
    Tuta Bugarin zivio!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    You want me to explain the system we used? What does that have to do with the path? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I would say though that we haven't really played any of the top teams, but when our current level was finishing last in our group at the last World Cup and being eliminated by Iceland at the last Euros, this run still represents an encouraging step forward. As far as reaching finals and semi-finals goes, England are roughly on par with Poland or Czech Republic since the war. We have a lot of work to do, but at least we're not in complete disarray any more.
    You just played on the counter and relied a lot on set pieces. Nothing special if you ask me and not that different to what happened in the past. In the past editions of the World Cup you faced better opponents, that's the main factor why this year you made the semis and in previous editions you went out in the QF or Last 16.
    Last edited by serghei; 11th July 2018 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i mentioned before, Croatia actually played one game more than France(their own doing) and one day less rest, i hope they have the legs for it.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    You just played on the counter and relied a lot on set pieces. Nothing special if you ask me and not that different to what happened in the past. In the past editions of the World Cup you faced better opponents.
    No they didnt they had more of the ball and more of the chances vs both Colombia and Sweden as well as the first two group games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    I found you bland and boring, so let's agree to disagree.
    My own country were equally boring to outsiders, but I still enjoyed our run, and had fortunes been a little different, then we would have beaten Croatia in the shootout. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
    That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I will just say that being bad and being boring are not the same thing. Atletico Madrid, for example, are very 'boring', but they are one of the top handful of teams in the world.

Not that I think England were boring. Some lovely football in patches, just not enough elite quality.