World Cup 2018

utility73

France with another competent bus parking performance with poor Belgium not able to create anything against it in the last 60 minutes.

BerkeleyBernie

Belgians just seem to lack that extra cutting edge which would make them from a very good team a great team.

The wrong lineup today. They wanted De Bruyne and Fellaini forward, but then Dembele was a big liability in the midfield. Would have been better to have started how they ended, with Mertens attacking the right flank and De Bruyne deeper to make plays.

utility73

Tbf, not easy to keep out Lukaku, Fellaini and Kompany on all those setpieces ans crosses.

Yeah they are the best defensive team at the world cup. Brazil was also solid in defense but with lot of tough luck in defense and offense against BEL.
If they keep this level they should not have much problems in defense against ENG (if they make it) either.

shadows

Compared to all the recent semi finals, this was quite a good one.. Belgium gave it a good go..France had a few really good chances as well..overall i liked the flow of the game.. Now whats left is a French melt down like they did last time against Portugal but this time against England :D

Plus France trying to feed Giroud has to stop..I mean come on..people watching knows nothing's going to happen when Giroud is there :D

Last edited:

serghei

The wrong lineup today. They wanted De Bruyne and Fellaini forward, but then Dembele was a big liability in the midfield. Would have been better to have started how they ended, with Mertens attacking the right flank and De Bruyne deeper to make plays.

Yep. They also did way too many crosses once they were behind. It's moronic to go Moyes style with crosses on Lukaku when you have technical players who can play through balls nicely.

RMU ReBorn

Certainly it was battle of chokers . Remember Belgium bottling it against Wales after dominating first half in Euro 2016 . I was pretty sure that Greizmann and Giroud the two donkeys wouldn't score even if they were served on a platter . Mbappe was on fire so too was Hazard in first half

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans