World Cup 2018

gatsu

Undeserved goal. Japan were the better side. Again the old football rule, the one who doesn't score, concedes.

Dont agree match is pretty even and both teams had their times. It was a good action by senegal concluded with a beautiful goal

El Gato

Villarato!
Teams like us - who are not one of the favourites - need two things to win these tournaments: 1) a solid defence and 2) an elite goalscorer. I think we would play differently against a top team, and in friendlies (yeah, I know, friendlies) we kept clean sheets against Brazil, Germany, and Holland. We are capable of building a brick wall. We also have Harry Kane, one of the best goalscorers in the world. With a slice of luck, we can go far.

Well, it'll come down to the usual ability to overcome adversity and not get phased by the noise coming from back home. Most goals I've seen this team concede are really avoidable, usually down to experience, nerves and so on. If Walker and his mates can play like the Premier League champs that they are without having this dark cloud of representing England on their minds then no reason to not beat anybody. But with this culture of "football coming home".. I'm not sure. Plucking out a win vs Tunisia isn't really comparable to doing the same against top teams in the knockouts.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I could be wrong but weren't we interested in Ismaïla Sarr last summer who plays for Senegal right now?

West Saxon

But with this culture of "football coming home".. I'm not sure. Plucking out a win vs Tunisia isn't really comparable to doing the same against top teams in the knockouts.
That's just fan optimism; the song is ironic, no one really thinks we're going to win it. For years, we've been served up shit football, watched England - with world-class players like Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney - be dominated by teams like Algeria, Slovenia, America, Costa Rica, and Iceland. I'm 24 and can't remember in my entire lifetime an England team that didn't underperform and / or play boring, disjointed football. This tournament is the first one I can remember where we have a clear style of play and are playing well. Yeah, it's only Panama, but in recent years, today's game ends in a 0-0 or a 1-0.

Sure, it's early days, but I can't blame our fans for getting excited. After years of crap, there are very encouraging signs. When you've sat through games like England vs Algeria in 2010 or England vs Costa Rica in 2014, you are entitled to be a bit overjoyous after some good football. :lol:

Devils

Teams like Japan and Senegal are so admirable.

Nowhere near the talent as the bigger teams but wonderfully coached and play with conviction, spirit and heart.

Really shows jut how big of a mess Argentina are SMH.

Home of Barca Fans