Page 5 of 612 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arg and bra harder groups...
    nothing of so difficult...
    but some more effort than other competitors for the final victory...

anyway it's too soon yet.
    Johan Cruyff said: "Gracias a Dios que Messi existe!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Argentina will beat Iceland. I am sure of that.
    Dont be so sure, you better hope Argentina doesnt take it for granted as you do, they will be in for a surprise.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argentina will beat Iceland easily it is not a tough group to get out of at all.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Dont be so sure, you better hope Argentina doesnt take it for granted as you do, they will be in for a surprise.
    They won't take anything for granted. It's the World Cup after all and they are surely aware of Iceland's reputation. On the flipside people may underestimate Argentina. They deal with tougher opposition on average in South-America.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Messi has at least one in-form player in that Argentina squad (Aguero comes to mind), they should top their group. But if they are again a Lionel Messi one-man show, they could struggle to get out of their group. A lot will also depend if the likes of Banega, Pizzaro, Pastore, Fernandes, Biglia etc. can gel together. Also another thing is the question of the starting striker; Sampaoli must learn which striker can operate the best with Messi (my bet is on Augero, but there are also the likes of Icardi and Correa...).

Many things to work out before the mundial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    If Messi has at least one in-form player in that Argentina squad (Aguero comes to mind), they should top their group. But if they are again a Lionel Messi one-man show, they could struggle to get out of their group. A lot will also depend if the likes of Banega, Pizzaro, Pastore, Fernandes, Biglia etc. can gel together. Also another thing is the question of the starting striker; Sampaoli must learn which striker can operate the best with Messi (my bet is on Augero, but there are also the likes of Icardi and Correa...).

Many things to work out before the mundial.
    no problem in attack for sampaoli (aguero, maybe the best partner for leo, but also higuain and icardi)...

the question is how albiceleste will play in the middle...
    biglia bad season...
    di maria again in the three midfielders or wing in the attack trident?
    banega...i will never understand if he's a great player or not (probably the truth is in the middle).

furthermore some opponents are stronger than last world cup (brasil, spain, france) or on the same level (germany)...

too soon yet now...
    we have to wait at least the spring to understand better shape of players and intentions of coaches.
    Johan Cruyff said: "Gracias a Dios que Messi existe!"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fam, I'm doing a world cup pool with a group. Cold earn myself some sweet $$$ if I win.

Tell me what you think of my predictions for the group stages...

1) Picks to advance

Group A) Uruguay and Russia
    Group B) Spain and Portugal
    Group C) France and Denmark
    Group D) Argentina and Croatia
    Group E) Brazil and Switzerland
    Group F) Germany and Sweden
    Group G) England and Belgium
    Group H) Colombia and Poland

2) I can bet on teams to clean sweep their groups (win all 3 games) for bonus points so I went with the safe options:

Spain, France, Germany and Brazil to clean sweep.

What y'all think?
    Last edited by Devils; 30th May 2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Fam, I'm doing a world cup pool with a group. Cold earn myself some sweet $$$ if I win.

Tell me what you think of my predictions for the group stages...

1) Picks to advance

Group A) Uruguay and Russia
    Group B) Spain and Portugal
    Group C) France and Denmark
    Group D) Argentina and Croatia
    Group E) Brazil and Switzerland
    Group F) Germany and Sweden
    Group G) England and Belgium
    Group H) Colombia and Poland

2) I can bet on teams to clean sweep their groups (win all 3 games) for bonus points so I went with the safe options:

Spain, France, Germany and Brazil to clean sweep.

What y'all think?
    I think France won't clean sweep. They should, but Deschamps will fuck it up in one way or another. But, I agree with the other 3.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not up to Deschampes or that astrology fellow they had before. They are not a team and will not be in near future. Pretty much same as Netherlands had great teams 10-20 years ago and never amounted to nothing.

It will be European team though and my money is on Germany to defend the title.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portugal are not going to make it past Morocco, you heard it here first. This is not sentimentaly biased it is an assessement
    kilometers matter ..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iceland to sweep the world cup, and some random Icelander(?) wins the ballon dor, you heard it here first guys.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    Portugal are not going to make it past Morocco, you heard it here first. This is not sentimentaly biased it is an assessement
    How does it work at the WC? Can they fluke it with a third place in the group like they did at the Euros? Or do no third places advance?

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Iceland to sweep the world cup, and some random Icelander(?) wins the ballon dor, you heard it here first guys.
    Sorry to be off-topic, I watched "Den 12 Mann" last night and was moved by how courageous the Norwegian civilians were during WWII. Good movie. And I looked up those locations in the movie extensively, beautiful country you have @Morten, @ThwiX and @DonAK.
    Sóc Culer.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Sorry to be off-topic, I watched "Den 12 Mann" last night and was moved by how courageous the Norwegian civilians were during WWII. Good movie. And I looked up those locations in the movie extensively, beautiful country you have @Morten, @ThwiX and @DonAK.
    Haven't seen that movie, but this country for sure got some very beautiful and scenic locations. Expensive as hell though for tourists so be sure you have loaded your wallet if you ever visit Norway.

I don't know about Chinese tourists, but we get a horde of Japanese tourists here this time of the year. At least here in Oslo I see Japanese tourists all the time.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    How does it work at the WC? Can they fluke it with a third place in the group like they did at the Euros? Or do no third places advance?
    No such fuckery at the WC. The Euros let third places advance because there were 24 participants and they had to make 16 teams advance to the play-offs.