Copa del Rey 2017/18

serghei

But you don't value them equally.

Sure. Not equally. But these are the 3 big titles you can win as a Spanish side each season. Copa del Rey is for sure the 3rd biggest trophy. Trumps by far the glorified friendlies that are the CWC, European Supercup and Spanish Supercup.

Copa might not be as valuable as the CL or Liga for instance, but I prefer the design and look of the trophy to any other.

Xavi+Hernandez+Athletic+Bilbao+v+Barcelona+dGndh5d9Vezl.jpg

Fucking glorious.

FinBarcelonafan

Sure. Not equally. But these are the 3 big titles you can win as a Spanish side each season. Copa del Rey is for sure the 3rd biggest trophy. Trumps by far the glorified friendlies that are the CWC, European Supercup and Spanish Supercup.

Those 3 other are joke trophies. Nobody really cares.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not true. Seen Valverde's interview and topic of Spanish Super Cup (least of them all) arose and he revealed how defeat affected the team badly. This is interview from few weeks ago and it still stuck with him as one of the worst moments.

CanadianBlaugrana

Copa might not be as valuable as the CL or Liga for instance, but I prefer the design and look of the trophy to any other.

Xavi+Hernandez+Athletic+Bilbao+v+Barcelona+dGndh5d9Vezl.jpg

Fucking glorious.

It’s a nice trophy. I would put it’s design 3rd personally after the World Cup #1 and Europa League #2. Considering the prestigious nature of winning the Champions League, that trophy with the “big ears” is quite ugly IMO.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw will be made today at 13:00 Barcelona time. Hope we draw Leganes and have one easier fixture for a change.

Albo

I think Valencia's CB situation is kinda bad at the moment. Few injuries and suspensions?

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Hope we can batter them at the Camp Nou and end the tie. Valencia have Madrid this weekend so they're bound to be tired when they face us.

EDIT:

Valencia has a a brutal fixture list over the next two weeks.

Madrid (H)
Barca (A)
Atleti (A)
Barca (H)

Worth noting Valencia will be pushing hard for top 4 this season after being out a couple of years.. better for us hopefully as it means less rest for their better players.

Devils

No excuses not to win this cup now.

We have the league wrapped up and should be able to strike Valencia with full force.

Neeraj

Got the hardest draw; I'd much rather have gotten the vegetables so we could coast to the finals. In theory, we can relax a lot and rest a lot of starters for CL, but somehow I don't see Valverde doing that. I can see Messi, Busquets, etc. playing a lot of games that we can really afford to play without them.

Home of Barca Fans