Lliga | Round 13: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 1-1

FinBarcelonafan

That could have been the toughest league test Barca will face for the rest of this season. Barca played very well in the first half, really dominated. Valencia showed excellent resilience to not go behind.

Barca was not as good in the second half, but yet again showed they can come back. Barca just does not look for excuses to post a bad result, this team is very strong mentally.

Valencia had edge for second half because they don't play any European games and we faced Juventus on Wednesday. It was quite good effort, when you think about it.

Giginho75

so far first in la liga and in CL...
still undefeated...

clearly we can improve (mostly to score when we deserve to do it, for example in the first time at mestalla), but so far we can be satisfacted...

no polemics or criticism please

raskolnikov

Does anyone recall that match a few years ago where the linesman continually screwed us over and we dropped points? Ibwonder if that was the same guy as this dwarf from yesterday.
Im sure he is corrupt not incompetent.

Tebas is also a prick for being cheap and not having goal line technology yet. This shouldnt be happening in the best league in the world.
It really bothered me troughout the match and despite being happy with 1-1 beforehand im very dissapointed now by this injustice.

Messi983

Vidal immediately creating more space since replacing Semedo.

While that's true I would rather play Vidal as RW instead of Deulofeu and keep Semedo on. I just think Semedo and Vidal could produce something together offensively and we'd also stay more stable defensively. And Paco should come on for Suarez with the last sub.

how the fuck did the linesman not give that.. has the cunt got no eyes or something? seriously i just cant fathom how thats not given. i don't want to go with the Madrid paying refs imo its just laliga being cheap twats. was it really the same ref as the Betis game?

No, yesterday ref was Iglesias Villanueva and against Betis it was Hernandez Hernandez.

Anyway, I've read that assistant ref has said to Villanueva the ball crossed the line but Villanueva overruled him.

The people talking about robbery need to cool it, Valencia were denied a clear pen to make up for it and just because we'd get an 1-0 lead doesn't mean we would've won the match.

Don't think it was a clear penalty but even in case it was, a penalty doesn't always end up in goal. Yes, it usually does in 80-90% of cases but you still can't equall a dubious penalty (some ref would probably given it and others won't) with a clear disallowed goal that should stand.

Referee was shameful, an Aytekin-like.

We managed good.

:worthy:

dostoevskij

Does anyone recall that match a few years ago where the linesman continually screwed us over and we dropped points? Ibwonder if that was the same guy as this dwarf from yesterday.
Im sure he is corrupt not incompetent.

Tebas is also a prick for being cheap and not having goal line technology yet. This shouldnt be happening in the best league in the world.
It really bothered me troughout the match and despite being happy with 1-1 beforehand im very dissapointed now by this injustice.

i dont recall that particular game, but i do remember a lot of scandal decisions by this referee team, including a yellow card for iniesta for diving, and letting bruno play handball goalkeeper right in front of everybodys eyes last season. combine that with easy penalties by the same referee for madrid, so in the best case scenario he is just biased against barcelona for whatever reason, or kis a not so secret madridista. could be worse easily too. (funfact if you look at statistic. madrid never lost a game with Villanueva as referee in laliga, never!)

im also still totally fumed too. we so deserved that goal and you could tell that at that time beeing down one goal for valencia would most naturally mean game over psychologically!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You make some good points but I don't think we have a lot to complain re. ref decisions this season.

I do have a beef with criterias of refereeing in most matches where opponents get away with shirt pulling and other fouls that should be clear yellow cards or that many refs decide to take lenient criteria when Barca plays. On the other side we get yellows for first fouls. But those things are happening season after season I am already used to it.

Gaudi

BTW what's the response of yesterdays ghost goal, did some official commented, what is the procedure now, is ref getting a suspension punishment?

raskolnikov

BTW what's the response of yesterdays ghost goal, did some official commented, what is the procedure now, is ref getting a suspension punishment?
Nothing more than the predictable silencefrom officials and the happebs every team/ lol karma uefalona comments online.
If it had been Madrid there would have been a storm of comments today, goal line technology installes next match and the assistent exciled to segunda.

JerseyAddict

This fucking Ref hits again... he really is something special, this F* needs to be banned to 4th division.

[youtube]lUqv2hhkBxA[/youtube]

It takes special F* like that to do special tasks...

[youtube]9YidMsbUW-w[/youtube]

Degane

Also good confidence boost that we can score after being 0-1 in final stage of the match. Makes the team believe they won't lose that easily. And so the streak of not losing continues...

Great recap. Your post made me think about what are the best away stadiums to see FCB in? I would like to see a gama at Mestalla and Bilbao. What do you think?

Home of Barca Fans