Valverde working on defence

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
“It was risky, but this draw is useful and we knew that a defeat here would make it dangerous in the final game with Sporting. We knew Juventus have a very strong home record, but we held out well throughout."

img_pmorata_20171122-213942_imagenes_md_propias_pmorata__j9z7438-135-kUz-U4330870810801n-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.JPG

“I did think we could be more effective in the areas close to the penalty area. We ran a big risk at the end with Paulo Dybala’s shot, but the goalkeeper did really well. It wasn’t easy to lock down top spot in this group a game early.”

“He has played a lot so far this season and has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders too. We knew the game could open up in the second half, so I wanted to both let him rest and have an option to shake things up. It was an internal matter, we thought it was the right match to not play for 90 minutes and I don’t want to talk about it too much."

“Juve play a high pressing game, so if you are not able to overcome that, they can push you back. We wanted to dominate the match and allow very little, but it would’ve been nice to have a few more scoring opportunities. We limited our opponents throughout the 90 minutes, apart from in stoppages."

“We always want to win and when you spend 60 per cent of the game in the opposition half, I don’t think you can say we were being defensive.”

“We have restructured the side this season and tried to work with a stronger defensive structure, that is what we’re working on the most.

“We are satisfied and are proving ourselves to be a solid team. We want to dominated matches and reach the opposition penalty area as often as possible, but Juve have quality in attack and can score at any moment. They seem solid, I don’t know what period of form they are going through, but it’s always Juve.”

Total-Football

Bielsa too. Obviously Lille couldn't handle his greatness anymore. Those who want 'attractive' football instead of results and trophies here's the guy for you.

i have seen in the french being sport last night that he was "suspended" by the club .. That is a first lol .. a coach suspended, guess that was just euphemism for bye bye

Messi983

From what I've understand Lille wants to rescind his contract without paying him compensation while Bielsa obviously doesn't agree with that.

Home of Barca Fans