CL | Round 5: Juventus - FC Barcelona 0-0

Gaudi

While still didn't get all the answers at least it seems we have mastered damage control. When we don't play that well (or resting Messi) we can hold our ground. That is a positive thing.

utility73

Yes, defense seems to be improving significantly, especially with Busquets also being back in control.
On the other hand our offensive MF and attack hasn‘t been this bad for a very long time.

Cebela

I was impressed how well did we play...Juve needed the win more than us but ubtil that dybala shot they were quite.i was nice to see how organized we were when we werent having thrball, something that even under Pep was an issue. Being able to getbthe needed result without too much effort. We are not the team that needs to score 2 or goals to win and this is why we will be able to get points on difficult pitches like anoeta, mestalla. Valverde faces every opponent in an tactical way and this is a true coach. He doenst have xavi puyol, neymar henry,...he bas messi and ter stegen and he builds around that. I was annoyed by Suarez always making gestures towards team mates who tried but failed to pass him in the box..Valverde proved to be the right boss for this Barcelona and I believe that fans who are supporting this team for 15+ years really appreciate him.

ronniecro

i hate to say it but messi is wasting his remaining years in this team,i know this was not the most important match we had to play but we played below expectations for a club that is barca

behindbrowneyes

Games where both teams are essentially happy with 0-0 usually end with 0-0.

Yes. Juve was more afraid of a loss and so they defended on their home ground. We didn't need a win and Valverde has learnt from the mistakes we did last year. Juve dominated us in midfield back then and got through it by 1 or 2 simple passes. Yesterday Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta dominated the Juve mid. Sounds ridiculous, but they did well.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Beatiful, first place in the group, Messi, Alba and Paco:))) rested, no goals conceded against Juve and now we can play Alena and Arnaiz against Sporting.

Cebela

i hate to say it but messi is wasting his remaining years in this team,i know this was not the most important match we had to play but we played below expectations for a club that is barca

Barcelona made messi dont you forget that. He is GOAT no doubt in my mind but Barcelona made him that.

Messi983

Lol, we easily got what we wanted and people are still complaining. :lol:

Well at least we got the points, wasn't a inspiring performance at all, but think this game shows Valverdes mind set completely: dont take risks and priorities your games. We should definitely win the league at least. But UCL is out of the question, specially teams like PSG who have scored i think 77 season goals already.

Wake me up when PSG will actually beat a serious team. And don't mention Bayern since their players wanted to get rid of Ancelotti and didn't really care about their first game. Other than that they haven't really beat anyone and they needed a last minute goal to get a point in their derby vs Marseille that was probably their most serious test so far.

Also, form in November means nothing. There are still 4 months before meaningful games will be played in CL. I'm sure we'll be a much better team by then and even now I'm not affraid of PSG or any other team.

Centauri B

The season is going very well for us until now.

With Mascherano, Rafinha, Roberto and Dembele returning, the sky is the limit for this team.

Maybe we can even get some reinforcements after Xmas.

Home of Barca Fans