CL | Round 5: Juventus - FC Barcelona 0-0

MessiTHEgoat

I have zero hope in us doing well in this competition this year, all I hope for is Madrid to lose.

dunno, but things can change after dembélé's comeback. and if we somehow managed to get another star player in the winter (I know it's hard with this shitty board and what's being written is just all talk but let's just hope).

beside, Ucl has always been a matter of luck. RMA were fucking weak in 15/16 season. they got roma in the r16, wolfsburg in the Q, and city in the semis (not as strong as it is rn). and they robbed ATM in the final, and also chelsea 11/12; if it was a matter of the best, then we could've won it every time with pep.

M

MessiCam

dunno, but things can change after dembélé's comeback. and if we somehow managed to get another star player in the winter (I know it's hard with this shitty board and what's being written is just all talk but let's just hope).

beside, Ucl has always been a matter of luck. RMA were fucking weak in 15/16 season. they got roma in the r16, wolfsburg in the Q, and city in the semis (not as strong as it is rn). and they robbed ATM in the final, and also chelsea 11/12; if it was a matter of the best, then we could've won it every time with pep.

Before we can start looking forward to Dembele tearing it up we first need to ask ourselves how Valverde is going to fit Messi, Dembele and Suarez in the same team.

Before we can start looking forward to Dembele tearing it up we first need to ask ourselves how Valverde is going to fit Messi, Dembele and Suarez in the same team.

Getting rid of the underperforming, declining, overweight Suarez would solve so many of our tactical issues in one go, but unfortunately Valverde is too scared to bench him due to the name on the back of his shirt. Suarez has given chance, after chance, after chance and he has been consistently shit. Did he play decently against Leganes? Sure, but he'll likely have half a dozen shit matches in a row where he can't control a pass to make us forget all about that performance. He's a lost cause at this point and there is no way a player like this should be starting for us. People keep talking about playing Suarez match after match to "get him back into form", but little do they realize the guy is one of the worst players on a major European club these days. He'll be 31 in a month, he suddenly isn't going to just find a fountain of youth. He's a legend, but it's time to kick him to the curb and give some others a chance to establish themselves, no way they can be worse than this donkey.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Getting rid of the underperforming, declining, overweight Suarez would solve so many of our tactical issues in one go, but unfortunately Valverde is too scared to bench him due to the name on the back of his shirt. Suarez has given chance, after chance, after chance and he has been consistently shit. Did he play decently against Leganes? Sure, but he'll likely have half a dozen shit matches in a row where he can't control a pass to make us forget all about that performance. He's a lost cause at this point and there is no way a player like this should be starting for us. People keep talking about playing Suarez match after match to "get him back into form", but little do they realize the guy is one of the worst players on a major European club these days. He'll be 31 in a month, he suddenly isn't going to just find a fountain of youth. He's a legend, but it's time to kick him to the curb and give some others a chance to establish themselves, no way they can be worse than this donkey.

But other clubs also have the same problem, Zidane, for example, is doing the same with Benzema and Ronaldo or Simeone with Griezmann. Managers will play their superstars until they will start performing or they will be sold. The same is with Suarez, he either gets into form or it's goodbye next summer.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Expectations:
Hope:

------------Ter Stegen-----------
Semedo---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-------------Busquets------------
-------Paulinho---Iniesta--------
---Deulofeu---Messi---Suarez---

Iniesta subbed for Denis around 65 minute. Rakitić replacing Busquets not long after, if we are winning, to give him some rest. If Suarez is shit again, replace him with Paco in the 2nd half.

Reality:

---------Ter Stegen---------
Vidal--Pique---Umtiti--Alba
----------Busquets----------
------Rakitić---Iniesta------
-----------Messi-------------
------Suarez---Paco--------

Wings not existent.

But other clubs also have the same problem, Zidane, for example, is doing the same with Benzema and Ronaldo or Simeone with Griezmann. Managers will play their superstars until they will start performing or they will be sold. The same is with Suarez, he either gets into form or it's goodbye next summer.

That would be great if we could offload him this summer if he continues to stink up the place for the next few months, but do you really think Messi is going to let that happen? I mean they're practically joint at the hip now and they've become some sort of package deal. If we want to keep Messi happy we have to keep Suarez.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That would be great if we could offload him this summer if he continues to stink up the place for the next few months, but do you really think Messi is going to let that happen? I mean they're practically joint at the hip now and they've become some sort of package deal. If we want to keep Messi happy we have to keep Suarez.

Fabregas, Alves and Pinto were also Messi's good friends, he'll find new BFF.

Giginho75

difficult and important match tonight...
this is an opponent who usually (mostly at home) plays hard and is physically strong...

but this is another barca...
i cannot think that will be the same match of the last time in turin..

forza barca!

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

i'm pretty sure that the Rocket will start considering he gave a press conference. That sucks because I wanted to see how Paulinho would play against tough opposition as a starter.

Pepe Silvia

Some of you guys need to stop following Barca. Really.

We won't win CL, we dont play good... dude, it's November and we have a new coach, new players and new style. We are on top of the table in every competition and we have no plans of slowing down. Some of you need to go back to CL final vs Man U when we were clear underdogs and everyone wrote us off. That was what it took to be a real Barca fan. Support your club and have faith! #PTC ffs

Iarwain

I'd be satisfied with a draw after a low intensity game. I'd like players as fresh as possible for Valencia.

Home of Barca Fans