Gerard Lopez

messi1995

I don't know who rates him like the board do, but if you can't see that he's a massive failure then don't read this thread. I made this thread because I'm so pissed at him now. Fucking donkey.

The worst coach I've ever seen. Tell me a worse coach than him? Even Tata Martino is better than him. Today you could see how average he is with a good squad. He has Aleña, Cucurella, Palencia, Arnaiz, Abel Ruiz, Oriol Busquets and many other good players but still play shit. Don't come here and say they are young and that's why Barca B is loosing. Some of the Players I mentioned now are players from the youth teams of Spain national team so no excuse. They are also quality players, especially Aleña and would play way better under a good coach like Pep. Pep had young and experienced players Like Lopez have now, but unlike him he improved his team and made them play brilliant. This fraud play stupid long balls, set up a shit formation and have a boring style of play. And when he's winning this fraud will park the bus like Mourinho does every games. Will you have a coach like that for a team like Barca? Fucking FC BARCELONA? The biggest club in the world with the most overall trophies? How dare this board disrespecting Johan Cruyff by keeping Gerard Lopez? If you like him, then you are deluded because he's so fucking shit + coward.

Barça B's last win was a month ago against Lorca FC (1-0, 14th of October). Since then: 4 draws and two losses. López has not shown great coaching qualities ever since he joined Barça B and now recently he lost his assistant (Garcia Pimienta) to Juvenil A as well. Wonder if the board is going to step in before the team definitely steps in the relegation zone. The board was not willing to promote players to the first team because they played in a lower league. Pretty sure Xavi, Puyol, Busi, Iniesta, Valdes and maybe Messi played in third/fourth division and still became succesfull. It's because it doesn't matter wether you are playing in Second, third or fourth division because the most important thing is development of possible youth players you can promote to the first team. But ok this board wanted Second division so badly because they like youth players to develope in the highest division of B teams. They payed so much money for experienced players so they could remain in second division.. so why not sack Lopez, bring in a great coach and let him develope our future players while he's keeping us in this division? If Lopez has some shame, he should resign today. Everything was results for him wether the players played well or not, but now he can't even get that. Can't play well, can't develope players and can't get results. Should resign today if he has some shame.

One last thing that I was so pissed at today: he made Abel ruiz cry by subbing him out after his error led to Rayo Vallecano's winning goal. The coach, Gerard López, took him off almost immediately after he committed the error. Subbed out 3 minutes for one simple wrong pass. Ruiz didn't cry because he was subbed out, but because of Gerard Lopez attitude. He would never do that to other experienced players. Where are the values? We all know how good Abel is because I know him. A better coach could develope him way better than Lopez. Lopez is a tragic coach while Abel is banging goals for fun with a good system.

Catalans are divided in two groups: winners and shit. The shit is Espanyol fans and Gerard Lopez belongs there. Should resign today and sign for them. Sick of him. Tired as fuck..

Thoughts Barca fans?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Catalans are divided in two groups: winners and shit. The shit is Espanyol fans and Gerard Lopez belongs there. Should resign today and sign for them. Sick of him. Tired as fuck..

That bit is particularly pathetic. Which says something.

Moan about insults after posting shit like that...

messi1995

I insult a coach that treats a 17 years old bad because of one simple error. Should blame his tactic instead. Couldn't care about him. You should have either give me some thoughts on what you think about my thread or go away. Your choise.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I insult a coach that threated a 17 years old bad because of one simple error. Should blame his tactic instead. Couldn't care about him. You should have either give me some thoughts on what you think about my thread or go away. Your choise.

My opinion is it is cringe worthy rubbish particularly that bit highlighted blabbering on about what Catalans are.

Jeepers it is awful.

You either write for that young cules twitter or just copy and pasted their words.

What was the 'threat' to Ruiz? You just making that up?

messi1995

Come on it was a joke. I don't like Espanyol so I was just joking. I meant treated bad after he was subbed out for an error led to Rayo goal.

JamDav1982

Come on it was a joke. I don't like Espanyol so I was just joking. I meant treated bad after he was subbed out for an error led to Rayo goal.

Huge difference from claiming a player was treated poorly to saying he was threatened.

As I thought it was just made up.

Do you write for young cules or just copy their stuff?

JamDav1982

Are you actually braindead? I edited my error you stupid fuck. I edited my error where I wrote threatened instead of treated. I edited it before you responded to me, but shame you didn't noticed that. I edited it 07.48 pm and you answered me 07.52. Now take the L and go away retard.

So you spoke shit then edited after being called on it. Thought so.

You are making up the timings as well.

Third time.... do you write for Young Cules or just steal their stuff?

The fact you lied and said threatened him in first place says it all.

xXKonan

The B team is currently in a rut right now.

While I don't rate Lopez much at all I think it's a combination of his system not quite working and the players still adjusting to the league. La Liga II is a whole different animal compared to Segunda III no doubt and it wouldn't be surprising if the young players we have and the coach are still trying to come to grips with the difference.

Jallo

The B team is currently in a rut right now.

While I don't rate Lopez much at all I think it's a combination of his system not quite working and the players still adjusting to the league. La Liga II is a whole different animal compared to Segunda III no doubt and it wouldn't be surprising if the young players we have and the coach are still trying to come to grips with the difference.

This is how they played last year too, he relies sore on individual brilliance to save his team. He has superior play in segunda b and got away with it. It was always going to be difficult to adjust to league without his questionable tactical decisions.

khaled_a_d

The last time cules liked a Barca B coach was Lucho in 2011, and back then games was barely streamed and it was the Pep sweet era.
During all the time every other coach was considered to be "playing non-barca football"
People loved Oscar Garcia for his Crujif style and hated Eusebio and ironically the later is way highly rated than the former in football world.
Gerard has started last 2 seasons badly and improved in second half, that should be expected now that we are playing in Segunda, a league that reserve team should never belong to in the first place
Pep is an all time great in football world when it comes to coaching, so if he is your standard you will be disappointed. and I am not sure how you are comparing Pep to Lopez, I mean which Pep are you comparing?
Pep the Barca B coach? He was coaching in 4th division, team he had was too good for that level actually and that can't be said on any reserve team in Segunda even if they were the whole Spanish U-23 squad. 1st team Pep? he had a great team too. I mean I really don't get why mentioning Pep here.
I don't rate Gerard that much, but this thread is annoying tbh

messi1995

1. I never asked for a coach like Pep in Barca B. I want a coach that can develope players which Lopez can't because he's shit. You don't have to improve players like pep did because he's one generation manager. Just be a good coach that can play well and develope players. Watch Barca B and see how shit they are playing.
2. This board bought players from Segunda division A teams so its required to perform well with this team. Some of Barca B players were even good enough for Segunda B, so I'm sure they can perform well in this division with a good coach.
3. You can't compare Peps team with Lopez. Pep took over a team with bad confidence after being relegated from Segunda B. He also took over a team with bad confidence in the first team. Xavi was ready to leave, Iniesta was Deco's backup, Messi improved massive, busquets was nobody along with Pedro, but Pep still improved them. Bayern became shit after Pep and City plays thousand time better than they have done before. Only because you have a good team doesn't mean you can play well. Pep played well in B team and even even Johan Cruyff noticed it and wanted him at the first team.
4. Lucho? Lucho was handpicked by cruyff/Pep to take over and his team played way better in Segunda B than Lopez last year. Lucho got a job in Roma after his excellent work with Barca B. He improved his team and won promotion by playing well after two seasons. Lopez won promotion because he relied on individual performance, but he never improved any player. Lucho also took over a team where everything was not about winning promotion, but develope players and play well. Which players have Lopez improved? No one. Aleña is already good, but will be way better with a better coach. Lopez won't get any credits for Aleña's success. Lucho improved players like Thiago, Roberto, Bartra and Muniesa.
5. I don't expect a Pep kinda coach, but a coach that has clear ideas, playing well and improve players. Lopez got a team that had to stay in Segunda A because this board doesn't care about development of youth players. So with this squad I expect more from him, but as you can see he has failed.
6. If you don't rate Lopez, then why do you disagree with this thread? I clearly explained why he's shit. Lopez haven't even got one offers from other teams to coach their team. If Cruyff was alive and watched this Barca B, he would clearly get heart attack. Very average coach. You really think a good coach would play shit with the team Lopez is coaching now? No way. A good coach would play way better with this squad no matter what you are saying.

Last edited:

Trickykid

If you don't rate Lopez, then why do you disagree with this thread?

Because you come off as a complete and utter moron.
Noone here rates Lopez as the second coming of Christ, but your childish and badly phrased rant is impossible to take even remotely serious.

messi1995

I explained to Khaled why he's shit without being childish. Maybe my thread was kinda childish, but I explained clearly why I don't rate Lopez. To khaled I explained without being childish, but keep crying. I don't rate Lopez at all. If you disagree, then I have nothing more to say.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Pep made City 1000 times better than ever". :lol:

What did he win btw.? He actually didn't do anything better than Pellegrini after spending hundreds of millions. He is now in season 2 and got few hundred more million and basically playing like football manager on cheat mode.
And it yet remains to be seen what he will accomplish.

Pep was great coach for us. But so was Rijkaard who took us in even worse position. Van Gaal and Lucho were good too.
There are no saviours. Only people standing on someone else's shoulders.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep's predecessors spent more money than him, but never played as well or dominant as City are right now.

Don't see why people constantly compare Pep to everyone though.

Pep is a phenomenon. You cannot compare every Italian coach to Sacchi either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans