User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 122

Thread: Gerard Lopez

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,749
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    I think he will start his coaching job somewhere else before he returns. Hopefully he will take over for the B team in few years. And since he know the club very well he will do everything he can to train and develope players to fight for a place in the first team. Atleast he knows how important la masia is to our identity so I will take that. Hopefully he will coach Barca B way better than Gerard Lopez so I can enjoy watching promising youth talents in a proper system.
    I think he'd make a great coach for the B team and would love to see him take over, the sooner the better. But it would be better if he was Pep's, Valverde's or someone else's assitent for a year before.

  2. #62
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

  3. #63
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy 4,5,6 or 10 players I don't give a fuck, we will still be shit because Lopez is the problem. Can't get results, can't train and develope players but ofc it's not his fault according to some Barca fans. Money and new players is not what we need because system + tactic matters. We have alot of good players in this squad, but Lopez can't play them.

    And today I heard he played with five defenders according to Albert Roge. Is he fucking serious? Five defenders? Johan Cruyff would be ashamed if he was still alive. We either play with three or four defenders, never five.
    Last edited by messi1995; 13th January 2018 at 08:32 PM.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,749
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    Buy 4,5,6 or 10 players I don't give a fuck, we will still be shit because Lopez is the problem. Can't get results, can't train and develope players but ofc it's not his fault according to some Barca fans. Money and new players is not what we need because system + tactic matters. We have alot of good players in this squad, but Lopez can't play them.
    I also doubt his abilities. He plays a lot of young and Masia players but without a proper system and at least a gameplan, it's not good for them. The problem is his way of coaching, confusing, not organized... it's not what a team needs. That said, it's a situation similar to the one of Zidane, he'd done well previous season(s), he's considered as a legend - it's hard to say time to go. Also, no point in replacing him in the middle of the season if there's no proper substitute coach.

    And today I heard he played with five defenders according to Albert Roge. Is he fucking serious? Five defenders? Johan Cruyff would be ashamed if he was still alive. We either play with three or four defenders, never five.
    I don't find this a right way to think about things. We don't play defensive football, that's for sure but you can't go much further.
    Accommodating a team selection to whoever the opponent is should be considered as a positive characteristic of a coach.
    If a coach keeps the gameplan, that idea, clear in most of the matches, then I won't worry about how many defenders there are in the selected 11.
    Also, note that there were 3 CBs and two fullbacks (might even say wingbacks). Modern football can't be played without fullbacks, times they are a changing. Didn't watch the game so I can't say much more.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Raketa10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,592
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another defeat, FFS Barto react or we will be relegated!

  6. #66
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official: a deal with Granada for Martin Hongla to reinforce Barça B.

    Gerard Lopez think Barca B isn't good enough when the real problem is him. Buying new players isn't the solution. Maybe he can get result's after some lucky goals and then park the bus, but he won't develope any players. I really hope he will be sacked if Barca B doesn't perform.

    I don't know who will be promoted to the first team but I'm sure Aleña will. Inside himself I'm sure he's celebrating knowing he will be promoted and play in a proper system unlike Lopez boring style of play.
    Last edited by messi1995; 16th January 2018 at 08:40 PM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,804
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    Official: a deal with Granada for Martin Hongla to reinforce Barça B.

    Gerard Lopez think Barca B isn't good enough when the real problem is him. Buying new players isn't the solution. Maybe he can get result's after some lucky goals and then park the bus, but he won't develope any players. I really hope he will be sacked if Barca B doesn't perform.

    I don't know who will be promoted to the first team but I'm sure Aleña will. Inside himself I'm sure he's celebrating knowing he will be promoted and play in a proper system unlike Lopez boring style of play.
    Operation Harvard,body. That isn't on Gerard really. We like to bring those guys on loan and see what they have and teach them while assessing who can be signed.
    This isn't on Gerard, it is a strategy deployed by Pep Segura and even if Gerard is sacked as you want it will continue

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,749
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Operation Harvard,body. That isn't on Gerard really. We like to bring those guys on loan and see what they have and teach them while assessing who can be signed.
    This isn't on Gerard, it is a strategy deployed by Pep Segura and even if Gerard is sacked as you want it will continue
    I really like that approach, don't see any major problems.

  9. #69
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Gerard Lopez told the board to sign more players? I know that the board have more powers but still think Lopez blamed his poor results on not having enough players? That he needs more players to avoid relegation? Anyway this player is on loan without an option to buy, and we don't have any promising youth players in that position so he can't take away any minutes. Still think new signings won't fix the problem, but let's see.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerard López: "Valverde? There is very good communication between us. We talk a lot, it's important to know which players could join the first team's match squad, which ones can I have for the weekend, and so on. The dialogue is fluid, there is harmony." [sport]

  11. #71
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year am trying something different, I am only going to bring positive energy to this forum. I am 100% behind Gerard Lopez and his team. I believe he is doing a good job and Barca B is head in the right direction. Visca El Barca

  12. #72
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing a great job because of one good game last week after so many poor games? Sorry man but he isn't developing any players. The man only wants to avoid relegation. Othetwise he doesn't care about playing well, developing players and help them reach the first team.

  13. #73
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    Doing a great job because of one good game last week after so many poor games? Sorry man but he isn't developing any players. The man only wants to avoid relegation. Othetwise he doesn't care about playing well, developing players and help them reach the first team.
    Being negative all the time about things you cannot control is very very bad for your health.

  14. #74
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad for Arsenal fans health, not ours. We as fans can actually throw this board out if we are not happy. Maybe not us, but the socis (Barca fans/members). Atleast our club doesn't accept mediocrity. Any damage that happens to this club, it's the boards fault. To be honest I'm relaxed hehhe just can't wait to see Lopez out. But I'm not negative about everything. I'm happy about how it's going in the first team.. in the B team I want a better coach, thats it. But trust me I'm happy as fuck currently so I won't moan that much.

  15. #75
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "But but new signings will help Lopez ". Hahahhaha Gerard Lopez with an another disasterclass tactics, but no one will complain because they want to be positive. Sorry but I will keep complaining on the situation in the B team until Lopez is gone and replaced with a better coach that can actually so his job.