Gerard Lopez

Jallo

"But but new signings will help Lopez ". Hahahhaha Gerard Lopez with an another disasterclass tactics, but no one will complain because they want to be positive. Sorry but I will keep complaining on the situation in the B team until Lopez is gone and replaced with a better coach that can actually so his job.

He had won three on the trot and effectively shut you up for weeks and now he loses all the haters are loose. You can complain all you want it won’t change a damn thing.

messi1995

He didn't shut me up at all. His tactics are shocking even when he won games but thats not something new when it comes to Lopez. I just wanted to complain now because some barca fans thought he will play way better because of players he signed. It doesn't matter who he signs, he will always be average. Imagine if managers like Pep got so many signings for the B team? Lopez only focus on the results, but can't even give us that. He's a poor coach that will do everything he can to keep us alive in Segunda even tho it will hinder the development of youth players. Watch the damn Barca B games before you call me for a hater because it looks like you want to be positive like many others here. I don't want to be positive until we get a good replacement for Lopez. Atleast I care about the club I support while you just want to be positive even tho the manager is average. The standard has dropped since Pep era because under him we wanted extraordinary managers/players, but now we are okay with players like Paulinho and Gomes as first team players and bang average managers like Lopez for the B team. You rate that guy because he won few games? 😂 before january he only won 4 games. And now he has only won 7 games in 26 games. Poor and it will continue because he's bang average and there is nothing you can do about it. "But but haters".

khaled_a_d

messi1995;1875795Imagine if managers like Pep got so many signings for the B team? Lopez only focus on the results said:
Hmmm, why imagine? Pep got too many signings for Barca B when he joined it, was called for it too. why is he signing too many players for 4th division? why breaking records of transfers for such division. Obviously not as much as Lopez now but that is due to different eras, back then Barca B didn't get much exposure at social media and internet as it is now.
And Pep was an all time great coach, a revolutionary one. You can't say "imagine if it was Pep" because we are never going to get new Pep anyway. Every Barca B since Lucho was called bad anyway, even Eusebio who was very good coach and proved that later in Liga.

FCBfan22

The problem I have with Lopez (from what I have seen yesterday) is that our B team is playing like a bunch of individuals. For example, Alena was trying to shoot from all angles when he got the ball. I remember at least 5 times in the second half he was trying to shoot from the edge of the box through 3-4 defenders, while there were clearly better options. Also, the midfield of this team is absolute shambles now that Oriol is injured. Our CM's have absolutely none positional awarness (it looked like there were 2 B-stock Paulinhos in there).

Martinez and Varo are just bad and do stupid things on the pitch and there is not much Lopez can do about it.

The only way I see this team winning more and securing the Segunda spot is if they start to play like a team and outscore the opponent. The defence is just bad and Lopez can't do anything about it.

tacticvarium

I would love to see Pimienta takes over the B team next season.
He's been coaching La Masia teams for a very long time now and Juv A has also improved dramatically since he took over this season.
In fact, he was supposed to be the manager for B team but Bartomeu brought López out of nowhere.

messi1995

Khaled: Pep got signings to build a team with experienced and youth players. The team was in bad shape and needed a manager with a new fresh ideas. Pep wanted to buy some experienced players so youth players could be protected. It was all about youth players get help from experienced players so they could learn, compete and try reaching the first team. Also it was a place for upcoming youth players for the B team, also players from Juvenil A and B which will get minutes, but this board signing random farmers which won't get a future here. Youth players should feel valued and important and this board doesn't care about them. Why do you buy 10 centerback for both Barca B and first team when you have a player like Eric Garcia in the academy? How is he going to feel important when you are doing that? Why not focus on him being a potential future star? The boy is a born leader. It's not only that he's gonna get B team minutes, but also feel valued and important so he maybe one day can be a potential first team player?

No one wants to have a career at Barca B if it doesn't help them compete for a first team spot. Ofc they have to impress, but they first need confidence and trust from this board because they sucks to convince them to stay. It's not about money, but project. Players like Grimaldo was sold for Barca to keep Adriano. Samper was loaned out because of fucking Paulinho which has zero technical ability. When youth players like Samper and Grimaldo get no trust, how is youth players gonna be patient? People can keep say they should be patient like Roberto, but I hope you know that this board didn't care about him. He was ready to go until Lucho convinced him to stay. So no, fuck this board. You can say Samper and Grimaldo are not good enough even tho it's wrong, but remember that Roberto at the same age was not rated at all. Sorry but this board shouldn't just look at the B team, but also juvenil A and B. Laporta watched Messi when he was at Cadet A, also when he was 16 years old. The man watched academy teams below Barca B play because he always put our academy first before anything else. How often do you see Bartomeu do that? Never with teams below Barca B. Only 1-2 or 3 times with Barca B since he became a president. Bartomeu would never know about any player from Cadet A and thats why he won't think about future stars unless they already play for the B team like Aleña does now. I'm not saying he should look at 12 years old players from Infantil teams, but when they sign pro contract at age of 16 and start playing dor Juvenil B you should watch him develope and focus on him being important for the B team and maybe one day for the first team.

And by the way did Did pep ask for thousand more signings like this board do now for Lopez to start winning? I don't ask for a new pep, just a good manager with proper ideas and good tactics. Lucho did well with the B team where he developed players and cooperated with Pep by telling him who he should give chances too in the first team. Players like Thiago, Roberto, Bartra, Muniesa, Tello, Montoya, Dos santos, Nolito and some others played well togheter and got chances in the first team thanks to Lucho. Like Tacticvarium said, I want Pimienta to take over for the Barca B. He has improved many players and is way better than Lopez even tho he's managing Juvenil A. You will see when he will get the Barca B job (hopefully).

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Pep was criticized for his signings with identical posts like you are writing, and many of the players he promoted to Barca B wasn't really from La Masia ut former purchases like Pedro and Busquets (both signed when they were already professionals according to laws in Spain) and Gerard already incorporated many youth players in the team. You keep acting he is ignoring youth from Juvenil A team when it is far from truth, and anyone following Barca B knows he and Lucho had a lot of talks about players from B team to join 1st team. Rafa Mujica for example trained with first team because of it. Pep was also coaching in 4th division, a level that Barca C was playing at. There is no comparison between the two jobs right now.

I am not as optimistic as others about Pimienta, Vinyals experiment still leave a sore taste for it. Pep,Lucho & Eusebio were already success for B team, even Gerard had success with it considering the ban and situation team had. Worst time for B team was when promoted Juvenil A coach, although it was bad situation already even if he made it worse

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi taking over in 2019 would have been decent if he want to be a coach, but I don't think he'll be back in Barcelona until the current generation, core of the team is gone.

messi1995

Pedro and Busquets are considered as la masia talents because they played for Juvenil A when they were signed. Just like Puyol. They have been teached the Barca DNA before reaching to the B team where the really have to compete. But anyway I'm not against signing players to the B team beceause you can ofc bring in a gem. But just tired of this board buying random players only to get results. It's obvious that Lopez is bang average and you will see it when Pimienta takes over. I know Lopez doesn't igniores Juvenil A players? Just saying he needs to focus more on them than farmers. There have been many games where youth players should play, but because he was in the relegation zone, he decided to bench them. Also he's a shit manager, so don't want him. Can't believe he played Lozano over Carlez Perez f.ex. juvenil A players should be more patient ofc. Byt my point remains: he depends too much on results because thats the only thing he want. He doesn't get the best out from youth players. Aleña should play way better with a better manager than with Lopez. Lol Lucho thought Camara was better than Grimaldo, Gumbau better than Samper. Valverde doesn't pick youth players because Gerard Lopez need them to win games, also for him to get results. Nothing about youth players to get minutes at first team. This is not a theory, but something Valverde said when he was asked about why he doesn't call up youth players. Valverde said that Lopez need them more now because they theh are important for upcoming games. Ofc for Lopez upcoming games are more important than youth players getting chances for the first team.

Lol 4th division or not, the goal is the same which is to develope youth players and help them slowly, step by step reach the first team. Today with this board and Lopez it isn't happening. Remeber that Busi and Pedro was promoted from the 4th division. With this board: qualify for Segunda A or no promption will happen. Thats why they are loaning put players if they don't play in the Segunda. Both Lopez and this board is a disgrace.

I'm not gonna judge him for relegate Barca B under the transfer ban. He needed experienced player and now he has it. Still average. Are you seriously rating him only because he promoted us to Segunda? Are you seriously just a result merchant? Yes it's obvious that you have to win games, but win games without developing players for a team like Barca B is useless. Have you even watched Barca B play?

Even when he promoted Barca B to Segunda, there was no system and good tactics. I don't expect Barca B to beat other teams all the time. Just want to see talented players improve. You have to see a big difference in a player when he first arrived for the B team and now. Aleña need to f.ex improve in defence, but Lopez doesn't care to help him. Aleña was already good when he arrived in Barca B. Just had to adapt and thats it. I still don't see improvement on his weakness because Lopez is average. But nice to see Aleña learn good football by Valverde when he is promoted. This Barca B is poor as fuck and I don't enjoy watching them, but I still do it because I want to enjoy our youth players. Aleña when he arrived had to improve in defence and find a way to play under tight space. I still don't see big improvement on these important aspect of his games even tho he's a gem. He has improved a bit, but has to be better. Not bad weakness because his fotball intelligence is absolutely outstanding. But learning how to defend is important when you are without the ball and be a smart player under tight space is important, especially when you are playing against teams like Atletico Madrid which won't give you space. This is why Lopez should go. Thanks for the promotion, but I rather stay in Segunda B if it meant that our youth players would been coached better.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

anyone following Barca B knows he and Lucho had a lot of talks about players from B team to join 1st team.

That's actually not true at all. López criticized Lucho several times for the lack of communication between the first and B team coaches.
The miscommunication between them were also pretty evident throughout the Lucho era, since they had clearly different views on which players they favored and preferred.

Gerard López: "I don't often speak with Luis Enrique, he has a lot of work to do. We have people responsible for staying in touch with him."
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="et" dir="ltr">Quote: Gerard López on Luis Enrique and first team call-ups <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcbblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcbblive</a> [via sport] <a href="https://t.co/NuB0Vt8PYT">pic.twitter.com/NuB0Vt8PYT</a></p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/810934730812256256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

And unlike when Lucho was here, López now praises Valverde for fluid communication between them.

Gerard López: "Valverde and me? There is a willingness to cooperate, on both sides. We met a couple of times before their trip to the US."
There is a fluid dialogue between Valverde and Gerard López. The name of Arnáiz is on the table, he could get a chance vs Murcia. [sport]
Gerard López: "Valverde? There is very good communication between us. We talk a lot, it's important to know which players could join the first team's match squad, which ones can I have for the weekend, and so on. The dialogue is fluid, there is harmony." [sport]
Valverde: "Following Barça B? Of course we watch videos, call up their players to train, and we also talk with Gerard López." [sport]

Gerard López: "I found out that Valverde was coming to watch us and I was excited. It's appreciated. It's the first time the first team coach has come to see us in two-and-a-half years." [sport]
https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...-valverde-and-criticises-luis-enrique-6483438

messi1995

Yes it's true, I forgot it. Like Tacticvarium has proven to you is that Lucho never communicated with Lopez about possible youth players. So yes Pep and Lucho did it, not Lucho and Lopez. Don't think we care enough about our academy because la masia is so important so hopefully our future managers will communicate with the B team coach.

messi1995

Another disasterclass tactic by Lopez today. Only 8 wins since August, but according to some fans here he's doing a good job.

Again the same shit tactic by leading with two goals and then bring in defensive players to help him park the bus and then get screwed. In Barcelona we don't park the bus, but Lopez is a coward. We play possesion football no matter what so the parking bus tactic doesn't work in our team.

And again he brings in Mcguane instead of Riqui. What is the point on playing him when you know he won't have a future here? Play Riqui. He is simply not good enough. In the Barcelona style we need control when we are leading and we don't have that with Mcguane. So bring in Riqui to get control and help him develope. Like I said last time he doesn't have to start games because he's still a juvenil player, but give him the chance atleast in the second half, especially when you are winning.

No excuse from Gerard lopez fanboys. Please don't.

Last edited:

messi1995

Another Pimienta masterclass today. Ahh imagine him next year coaching Oriol Busi, Cucurella, Cuenca, Abel Ruiz, Carles Perez, with juvenil player like Morey, Miranda, Orellana, Riqui Puig, Chumi and Collado. Ahh my drug, will improve many of them unlike Lopez. Just can't wait to see la masia youngster be closer to first team because of a good system in the team. Next season after that Adria Bernabe will join the B team too so omg fantastic.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gerard López: "It's not easy because Ballou, McGuane, Nahuel and some others aren't players with this profile. This is why I play Riqui Puig and Collado, who understand positional play in the oppositions's half."</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/976895052982177792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

At least he is aware of what's wrong and that the team is full of shit players.
But it's also not good to publicly criticize his own players like this :thinking:

messi1995

Lol he has finally understood it. Mcguane are just a young paulinho so L to the barca fans here that criticized me for being against this transfer. But why are Lopez lying? He has only played Riqui in one game.. rest of the game has been Mcguane over Riqui lmfaoo

Home of Barca Fans