Guilherme Arana

Jcar

El Barcelona, muy atento al nuevo Marcelo
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barcelona-muy-atento-nuevo-marcelo-6406364

Guilherme Arana no espera al Barça y confirma que ficha por el Sevilla
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/guilherme-arana-confirma-que-ficha-por-sevilla-6427563

"Ha llegado una propuesta en firme del Sevilla, esta todo hecho, solo falta que firme los contratos", aseguró el lateral zurdo, una de las grandes sensaciones de la temporada en Brasil. Su traspaso rondará los 11 millones de euros.

Como SPORT informó, la secretaría técnica blaugrana estaba observando el lateral desde hacia meses. El futbolista era consciente del interés del Barcelona. "Al final no llegó ninguna propuesta, y por eso me he comprometido con el Sevilla", explicó Arana, después de haber finalizado el encuentro contra el Fluminense (3-1).

622_60e52d15-816a-4798-ab01-86ae0a7ae40c.jpg

Guilherme Arana

Name: Guilherme Arana
Current Team: Corinthians
Full Name: Guilherme Antonio Arana Lopes
Shirt Number: 13
Positions: Left-back
Height: 176cm
Weight: 68kg

I'm am a supporter of Corinthians, and we just won the Brazillian Championship (2017). This guy was amazing, he is the future heir of Brasil's National Team left-back position. If Marcelo plays like a midfilder, this guy seems more like a left-winger, he attacks really well. Barcelona was linked to him, but it seems that Sevilla got him first, i think that he is a player that we should pay attention.

A little of him in 2017 (20 years)
[youtube]E-pZx0MeFSE[/youtube]

Video of 2015 (18 years, his first year as a professional, Corinthians also won the brazillian championship in this year, he was a sub).
[youtube]pJPAiWUn79Y&t=17s[/youtube]

It seems that things are are still going kinda well for Brazil... Gabriel Jesus (City), Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid), Malcom (Bordeaux), Arthur (Grêmio), Andreas Pereira (Valência), Guilherme Arana, and the list keep growing.

Last edited:

Messi983

Not official yet but Arana himself confirmed everything is agreed and he only need to sign his contract which I assume will happen in January.

I think Sevilla is the right choice for him. According to Marca he's 9th Brazilian they've signed in this century and only Cicinho and Ganso didn't work out for them. Others like Luis Fabiano, Baptista, Alves, Renato and Adriano were all great success.

There were rumours we are interested but with Alba, Digne and Cucu already here and Arana taking one of non EU spots I don't think we were seriously considering him unless we wanted to sign and loan him for a season or two (which would be a good move but we don't know if he'd agree with that). Still, we should keep following him in case Cucu won't make it and now that will be easier when he'll play in La Liga. Alba is aging and injury prone and while I like Digne as squad player I don't think he can be our future starter.

[MENTION=16977]Jcar[/MENTION]: How is his defending?

Jcar

El Barcelona, muy atento al nuevo Marcelo
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barcelona-muy-atento-nuevo-marcelo-6406364

Guilherme Arana no espera al Barça y confirma que ficha por el Sevilla
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/guilherme-arana-confirma-que-ficha-por-sevilla-6427563

"Ha llegado una propuesta en firme del Sevilla, esta todo hecho, solo falta que firme los contratos", aseguró el lateral zurdo, una de las grandes sensaciones de la temporada en Brasil. Su traspaso rondará los 11 millones de euros.

Como SPORT informó, la secretaría técnica blaugrana estaba observando el lateral desde hacia meses. El futbolista era consciente del interés del Barcelona. "Al final no llegó ninguna propuesta, y por eso me he comprometido con el Sevilla", explicó Arana, después de haber finalizado el encuentro contra el Fluminense (3-1).

Jcar

Not official yet but Arana himself confirmed everything is agreed and he only need to sign his contract which I assume will happen in January.

I think Sevilla is the right choice for him. According to Marca he's 9th Brazilian they've signed in this century and only Cicinho and Ganso didn't work out for them. Others like Luis Fabiano, Baptista, Alves, Renato and Adriano were all great success.

There were rumours we are interested but with Alba, Digne and Cucu already here and Arana taking one of non EU spots I don't think we were seriously considering him unless we wanted to sign and loan him for a season or two (which would be a good move but we don't know if he'd agree with that). Still, we should keep following him in case Cucu won't make it and now that will be easier when he'll play in La Liga. Alba is aging and injury prone and while I like Digne as squad player I don't think he can be our future starter.

[MENTION=16977]Jcar[/MENTION]: How is his defending?
He can defend, is nothing that great YET, but its alright.

Corinthians has the best defense of the Brasillian Championship (24 goals in 38 matches), and he was part of it. This is not to say that he is great at it, is just a note that he played in a organized team that had no problem with defending. Guilherme had some issues in his first year, but worked hard and managed to get way better, he is still not perfect, but you can see he got better. He can do agressive marking when needed and also knows the right times to make "smart fouls". I don't think he has a really bad problem that i should tell you guys.

Anyway, if Barça ever buy him, is because he is one of those that has the "brazilian-flair" in his game. And believe me, not all GOOD brazilians players have it.

Senador Romario

Had the best percentage of pass accuracy in the Brasileirao followed by Arthur(Gremio).
Hes an excellent finisher when get a chance.
Corinthians is a park-the-bus side; playing on a more dynamic football where he will be in the final third many times, i bet he will be fantastic for Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans