Coutinho or Griezmann?

• Coutinho

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • Griezmann

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodKid

I can't See how we could accommodate Griezmann into our starting 11, so I'll go with Coutinho. Even though I am not the biggest fan of him, he would be perfect as a LM in a 4231.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Griezmann. With Suarez regaining himself uncertain we need a forward even more than a midfielder. Another plus is he is from La Liga and would integrate more easily. Also, he wouldn't be another obstacle in front of Alena.

Ideally though, we spend that money on someone younger, harder worker,faster and scorer at that.
Can't afford to have 2 forwards who don't work hard off the ball.

Raketa10

I sincerely doubt both will come. They could, but than we will have to rotate heavily in every single game since there is no way Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann can play at the same time.

RW/RM is taken by Dembele, Central postion or second striker is taken by Messi and CF by Suarez. So if Suarez stays there is only room in LW position in 4-2-3-1 or AM in 4-3-3 system or LM in 4-4-2 system and Griezmann in not suitable for any of those positions.

This is the reason I would prefer Coutinho since he can play LM, LW and AM while Griezmann can play only as striker or winger. Griezmann is also left footed so IMHO he would be better on RW and than you have to move Demebele to the left. I like both of them but if Suarez stays and regains his form I have no doubt that Coutinho is better choice for us right now. Biggest problem with Coutinho is that he is injury prone.

That being said if Suarez continues to play like this and if we sell him I would go for both of them in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Would LOVE both, Coutinho taking Iniestas place eventually.. and Griezmann/Messi/Dembele up front is amazing!

GoodKid

Makes no sense discussing about Players if it is not clear which role they would Play and what the Manager has planned for them.

dakt

Not sure. We need both. We cannot create/connect without a wc midfielder and we cannot depend on only Messi scoring, so a wc goal scorer would benefit us as well.
Since we must choose one and there's still a chance for Suarez's resurection, I'll pick Coutinho, but for a fair price.

Hmm...rethinking the problem again, having a wc goal scorer and some awkward Valverde's chemistry in the midfield, might provides us with more chances then putting our whole faith in one guy to solve our MF issues..........hard to choose, but I'll stick with my first choice.

Home of Barca Fans