Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

khaled_a_d

Yet both those players get virtually no playing time when Pique and Umtiti are healthy. Same with Semedo and Digne.

Didn't Verm perform extremely well when Umtiti was out injured? Was Mina not signed under EV's time as manager? Yet he freezes these players out.

EV doesn't seem to be very interested in using back-up players and that's not just at CB. We have enough players and quality to cover the defence, why give our manager another 30m to spend on another CB wen he is already not using his current options.

I wouldn't trust EV to spend 30m on a back-up player.

By same logic you won't trust him in signing any player.
EV gave Deulofeu and Paulinho minutes and they were signed to be back up players, Vermaelen got injured many times when the other two were healthy.

Devils

By same logic you won't trust him in signing any player.
EV gave Deulofeu and Paulinho minutes and they were signed to be back up players, Vermaelen got injured many times when the other two were healthy.

No, i trust in him to start player signed who would basically be guaranteed starters in squad. Players like Griezmann and a top midfielder or two that we need right now.

Coutinho and Dembele were supposed to be signed in the summer. Dembele got injured and the Coutinho transfer fell through. Hence why the likes of Deu and Paulinho got as minutes as they did.

Obviously, he's going to play those back-up players on occasion or when he doesn't have any other choice due to a starter being injured. But it's not to be mistaken with proper efficient rotations done by any adequate manager.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I don't think Lenglet would be a Valverde signing, it's just the type of player we go for. Plays at la liga, back up, around 30M it's just the next episode of Paco/Gomes. Maybe it would work better, maybe not.

It's not about Valverde anyway, if he continues everything like this season he won't be here 2019/2020 anyway so it's just about having a good squad and not one that only suits EV

I still prefer De Vrij. Reasons:
1. he would come for free. We need money if we are really buying Griezmann
2. He is right footed, and right footed CBs usually play both CB positions equally. Left footed cant (Langlet). So with Langlet we would have 3 LCB, if both Umtiti and Vermaelen stay, which i believe they will.
3. I would really like us to buy De Ligt or Upamecano in the future. Buying young CB like Langlet would close the doors for buying them, and also for Mina.

Nothanks

i wouldn't pin it all on him, jesus navas as his rb and his argentine partner is having a howler of a game nearly getting 4 yellows if not for ref pity

mia7007

Did not like him today and don’t see anything special in him
No need to spend 30m on him, add extra and get De Light or keep defende as is and give Mina more chances and rotate with Vermaelen

xXKonan

Didn't have a great game but his CB partner Mercado was a joke.

Dude failed against Suarez so bad and left Lenglet to die. :lol:

BarçaBarça

Tbh, I think he gets a bit too much hype, because he is young. He is not extraordinary from what I've seen, and Kjær (danish partner in defence) gets a lot of shit for all Sevillas defensive problems, even though sometimes it is at least as much Lenglets fault. Not as interested in him, as for example De ligt

Raketa10

tbh, i think he gets a bit too much hype, because he is young. He is not extraordinary from what i've seen, and kjær (danish partner in defence) gets a lot of shit for all sevillas defensive problems, even though sometimes it is at least as much lenglets fault. Not as interested in him, as for example de ligt

De Light would be a better solution for sure but he is much more expensive though.

Jombi

De Light would be a better solution for sure but he is much more expensive though.

Does he have the mentality to recover from embarrassing own goals as an 18 year old on Camp Nou, like he just did in his last game against Excelsior a few days ago?

MessiDinho10

Does he have the mentality to recover from embarrassing own goals as an 18 year old on Camp Nou, like he just did in his last game against Excelsior a few days ago?

Made some colossal mistakes on his debut with the NT and recovered, so it’s safe to say that he does.

Home of Barca Fans