xXKonan

Clement+Lenglet+Kashima+Antlers+v+Sevilla+g3-xTdpWBJTl.jpg

Full name: Clément Lenglet

Date of birth: June 17, 1995 (age 22)

Place of birth: Beauvais, France

Height: 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)

Playing position: Centre back

Current Club: FC Barcelona​

Born in Beauvais, France, Lenglet made his Ligue 2 debut with Nancy on September 27, 2013 in a goalless home draw against AC Arles-Avignon entering the field after 32 minutes for Rémi Walter. In the first half of the 2016–17 season, he made 18 starting appearances in Ligue 1 for Nancy.

On 4 January 2017, Lenglet moved to Spain, signing a deal with La Liga side Sevilla FC until 2021. The transfer fee paid to Nancy was €5 million. According to Sport we are interested in the young French CB, who apparently only has a 30 Million euro buyout clause.

It could be just typical international break rumors but He's a interesting player who has been impressive for Sevilla.

Last edited:

Gilberto

He was bloody brilliant against United. First time I saw him / really paid attention to him though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know why we're obsessed with players that got La Liga experience. It really doesn't mean much if the player isn't any good.

Lenglet is a very good CB though as he showed vs Man Utd and Bayern, but this definitely rules out de Ligt for now and for the future. He's not coming as a 4th option behind Pique and two other young CBs in Umtiti and Lenglet.

Also, I hope we're not planning to spend 100m on Griezmann and 30m on Lenglet and call it a day. We need a World Class or a very good CM too.

Last edited:

gr98

I don't know why we're obsessed with players that got La Liga experience. It really doesn't mean much if the player isn't any good.

Lenglet is a very good CB though as he showed vs Man Utd and Bayern, but this definitely rules out de Ligt for now and for the future. He's not coming as a 4th option behind Pique and two other young CBs in Umtiti and Lenglet.

Also, I hope we're not planning to spend 100m on Griezmann and 30m on Lenglet and call it a day. We need a World Class or a very good CM too.

[tw]986748572614848512[/tw]

[tw]986750283727302658[/tw]

khaled_a_d

1-this seem like a typical media rumor that pops when we have an important game, happened before with Griezmann and I remember it happened with other players too.

2-If true, I think it isn't about Liga experience, It is about Lenglet being a very good CB who has a fixed price, De Ligt would cost more and Ajax might not sell in 1st place. with Len you only need to negotiate with the player

PS:I am not sure we can say we are obsessed with Liga experience after not signing a single player from Liga last year

God Serena

He's much much better than Mina, at any rate. Would be a great move to offload a mediocre player wasting a non-EU spot for an up and comer who could shore us up for years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1-this seem like a typical media rumor that pops when we have an important game, happened before with Griezmann and I remember it happened with other players too.

2-If true, I think it isn't about Liga experience, It is about Lenglet being a very good CB who has a fixed price, De Ligt would cost more and Ajax might not sell in 1st place. with Len you only need to negotiate with the player

PS:I am not sure we can say we are obsessed with Liga experience after not signing a single player from Liga last year

He's been linked with us since last summer tbh.

Yeah I agree, he's a very good player although the reason I say that is because I constantly read about La Liga experience in the Catalan papers and you're right we didn't sign anyone with La Liga experience last summer although we were very close to pulling the trigger on Inigo Martinez for that reason.

xXKonan

Seems like one of those classic lets try and unsettle team/player before an important match deals.

Either way he's a talented player no doubt. But the funny thing is if he does join and Verm and Umtiti stay we would have 3 Left footed CB's and one Right footed CB in Pique. :lol:

Messi983

Ajax apparently wants 60M for De Ligt and that's why we've moved on from him for now. Could be they just want to keep him for another season at any costs and I think staying at Ajax would be the best move for De Ligt too. Don't think buying Lenglet now would definitely close down doors for De Ligt in the future though. If he stays at Ajax we can possibly buy him next season and then still leave him on loan there until 2020. I believe Pique will retire when his current contract expires in 2022 or maybe even a year before (he has many interests outside of football so I don't see him having a long career) and then we can groom De Ligt as his replacement with Umtiti/Lenglet competing for the other spot.

If we'll really get Lenglet then we'll have to see if or how he can coexist with Umtiti but I'm sceptical about two lefties playing successfully together for a long time. Still, I'm not against bringing him but I'd try to get what we can for Vermaelen in summer and keep Mina. Arthur won't come before January and until then Coutinho will get portuguese passport so we won't need to free up a non EU spot. But with EV not trusting Mina I could see loaning him and keeping Vermaelen.

Home of Barca Fans