Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

xXKonan

[tw]1021070221472301058[/tw]

When Nancy sold Sevilla Lenglet there was a clause in there that if any future sale, Sevilla is suppose to pay Nancy 4 million euros. But Sevilla is not honoring the clause because they're arguing that because we paid his release clause and it wasn't a sale so Nancy don't get any money.

BADGERBHOY

[tw]1021070221472301058[/tw]

When Nancy sold Sevilla Lenglet there was a clause in there that if any future sale, Sevilla is suppose to pay Nancy 4 million euros. But Sevilla is not honoring the clause because they're arguing that because we paid his release clause and it wasn't a sale so Nancy don't get any money.

Hahahaha

There's no way that will fly in the CAS

xXKonan

Hahahaha

There's no way that will fly in the CAS
To my understanding Sevilla did this before a couple of times. When we paid 14 million for Keita which was his buyout clause in 2008 the french club RC Lens was originally entitled to 1.2 Million euros at the time but Sevilla used the we paid his buyout clause so they technically didn't count that they sold him and I believe they won the case as well.

The next one they did with Kondogbia if I remember correctly but they may have lost that one. What Sevilla is doing technically in some cases isn't wrong but it also comes off as a dick move towards the clubs they originally got the players from.

Considering how much Sevilla shop around in France this isn't a good deal on them to burn bridges like this.

xXKonan

Stumbled onto a highlights video from his Nancy days.

He was around 20 years old at the time and perhaps the most impressive thing I found in this video was how good his long/crossfield balls were even at that age. He wasn't everyone's choice to be the new CB but honestly I feel like he's going to surprise a lot of us.

MTL_Barca

Maybe thats the reason they were so strict about us paying his release clause instead of agreeing on a transfer (for the same amount).

Messi983

IIRC there were rumours we are willing to pay 3-4M more (probably in add-ons) if Sevilla would negotiate so we'd basically give them those 4M they have to pay to his former club in exchange for us paying transfer fee in 2 or 3 installments. They've rejected that and we executed Lenglet's buy out clause so now Sevilla has to deal with Nancy. In the end I think they'll have to pay.

Sorin

IIRC there were rumours we are willing to pay 3-4M more (probably in add-ons) if Sevilla would negotiate so we'd basically give them those 4M they have to pay to his former club in exchange for us paying transfer fee in 2 or 3 installments. They've rejected that and we executed Lenglet's buy out clause so now Sevilla has to deal with Nancy. In the end I think they'll have to pay.

Bush league tactics from Sevilla.

BADGERBHOY

To my understanding Sevilla did this before a couple of times. When we paid 14 million for Keita which was his buyout clause in 2008 the french club RC Lens was originally entitled to 1.2 Million euros at the time but Sevilla used the we paid his buyout clause so they technically didn't count that they sold him and I believe they won the case as well.

The next one they did with Kondogbia if I remember correctly but they may have lost that one. What Sevilla is doing technically in some cases isn't wrong but it also comes off as a dick move towards the clubs they originally got the players from.

Considering how much Sevilla shop around in France this isn't a good deal on them to burn bridges like this.

Really?

I find that astonishing and a complete dick move by a club I have a lot of respect for.

Home of Barca Fans