Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Saladin

One of my french friends who is currently in Russia following the France NT regards Lenglet as potentially a better signing for us than Umtiti was; he is apparently highly regarded in France and many fans who follow the french players week in week out find him to be a very hot prospect, a highly intelligent centreback who is also very good in aerial duels.

For me he seems to have a lot of potential and had two very impressive games against Man. Utd in the Champions League; he is often paired with Simon Kjaer, who is not the best CB to partner with (he is decent at best, but has random brainfarts and is highly inconsistent).

An Umtiti-Lenglet partnership could be very exciting - Pique can be third option/waterboy/the clubs SOME administrator; too slow, too arrogant and nowhere near his best (which was never world class in my opinion; the true rock at our defensive line in Pique's 'prime' was primarily made up of Puyol and to some extent Abidal).

Androutsos

There is no point spending 50m + on De Ligt only for him to sit on the bench and stunt his development. I don't care who you sign, no one is taking Pique's spot next season at least.

xXKonan

One of my french friends who is currently in Russia following the France NT regards Lenglet as potentially a better signing for us than Umtiti was; he is apparently highly regarded in France and many fans who follow the french players week in week out find him to be a very hot prospect, a highly intelligent centreback who is also very good in aerial duels.

For me he seems to have a lot of potential and had two very impressive games against Man. Utd in the Champions League; he is often paired with Simon Kjaer, who is not the best CB to partner with (he is decent at best, but has random brainfarts and is highly inconsistent).

An Umtiti-Lenglet partnership could be very exciting - Pique can be third option/waterboy/the clubs SOME administrator; too slow, too arrogant and nowhere near his best (which was never world class in my opinion; the true rock at our defensive line in Pique's 'prime' was primarily made up of Puyol and to some extent Abidal).
Lenglet has some positonial issues but that's due to his young age and the fact Sevilla has been a mess tactical wise for ages now.

I do like what I see though. He's good on the ball, might not be as elegant as someone like Pique but it still looks good. And he looks like a fighter, someone who isn't afraid to get dirty when needed. Feel like we need some more steel in the back line anyway to go along with Umtiti since Pique is getting older and he hasn't quite been himself in awhile.

Joan

If Lenglet's 35 m, we could go for Pavard.

They ask 50, would probably sell for less.

FCBfan22

If Lenglet's 35 m, we could go for Pavard.

They ask 50, would probably sell for less.

RB is one of the least problematic positions at Barca right now (but it's still problematic).

Our priorities should be 2 midfielders, one centre back and one left back in that order.

Joan

RB is one of the least problematic positions at Barca right now (but it's still problematic).

Our priorities should be 2 midfielders, one centre back and one left back in that order.

Yeah, Pavard is not naturally a RB. He plays there for France. I'm not impressed, to be honest, but he's one hell of a CB.

Also, more versatile. I feel like he might be a better buy all things considered. Has a higher ceiling, imo.

Where would you fit 2 midfielders? :thinking: Is Arthur one of them?

FCBfan22

Yeah, Pavard is not naturally a RB. He plays there for France. I'm not impressed, to be honest, but he's one hell of a CB.

Also, more versatile. I feel like he might be a better buy all things considered. Has a higher ceiling, imo.

Where would you fit 2 midfielders? :thinking: Is Arthur one of them?

Yes, Arthur is one of them. I would use Rakitić only as Busi rotation next year, because he is useless as RCM.

Joan

Yes, Arthur is one of them. I would use Rakitić only as Busi rotation next year, because he is useless as RCM.

Then I'm with you.

Rakitić can be very good in double pivot formation which we'll see a lot next season.

About Lenglet, don't think he'll be a bad signing, might turn out very good, Pavard seems better at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans