Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

xXKonan

I'm worried about his size, he seems so skinny and small, could be wrong tho
Despite his Skinny, Lanky appearance he's done well against the likes of Lukaku and Kane in the CL as they are known for their physicality.

I mean he looks like that kinda guy who would get easily bullied but it seems he can handle physical duels pretty well. :lol:

xXKonan

If Umtiti has the surgery and depending on Verm's fitness issues. He could get Four months worth of game time as a Barcelona starter.

Assuming Lenglet himself doesn't fall for injuries or face lengthy bans.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

He's doing well.

But I'm worried we will have no back up.

Yes, he needs to prove himself to be good during a longer period of time, now.
With Umtiti out and Vermaelen unavailable he will have to step up, because Pique isn't totally reliable this season.

It is a lot to ask already, but he took the step to our club, and now is his chance :)

Vahue

Sloppy in Sevilla's first goal. Needs to cut out the mistakes, although it must be very hard playing next to Pique.

EdmondDantes

I'm liking what I see. Clement is a classy player. He's surprisingly good in the air too. It wouldn't surprise me to see him pop up with a few goals from corners this season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Think he does well for his age so far. Dutch commentator said Barca would get a lot out of him in the future because he is supposed to be very strong aerial.

El Trencaxarxes

I'm liking what I see. Clement is a classy player. He's surprisingly good in the air too. It wouldn't surprise me to see him pop up with a few goals from corners this season.

I thought the same thing about Umtiti when he first came here. He looked really dangerous on set pieces, almost always getting his head near the ball. I don't know what happened, but lately, that hasn't really been the case. The same thing goes for Vermaelen, though obviously there could be a very good and very natural explanation for Vermaelen. I mean, he is getting old and he's hampered so much by his constant injuries, so that's not really too unexpected. I really hope that Lenglet will score a couple though. The most important thing on set pieces is to be aggressive, and it looks like Lenglet is just that.

Home of Barca Fans