Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

soul24rage

Umtitti's second yellow, well, CBs need to foul sometimes, or think they need to foul. I won't hang him for that one. But, his first yellow, for dissent,CBs cannot afford these types of yellows, especially early in the game. For this position, the chances of a second yellow are just too high. So, I do blame Umtitti, but not severely.

Lenglet, he had less than one second of felonious impulse. That might be human, given the physical nature of his profession. But, inexcusable, especially that early in a game. He is young, in a position where experience is quite valuable. I'm not giving up on him, but this was a very bad one. No felonies on the field for any Barca player, ever, please. Barca is not Mourinho's Real Madrid. Ramos does stuff like this, much to his discredit. The team should fine Lenglet.

Now, Vermaelen has to be readied to start vs. Tot. I'd like to see him start alongside Pique in at least one of the next two games, assuming he is in good playing shape.

I am tempted to play Vermaelen vs spurs than Lenglet, even though Vermaelen hasn't played any matches this season. Maybe sub Vermaelen vs Leganes if we are in a comfortable position and start vs Atletic at home.

Andrew M

Was a bit unnatural but I doubt it was intentional. Slow motions always makes everything exaggerated, which is why I'm against VAR. He still did okay, no need to make a big fuss. You have Umtiti who throws a big tandrum and got sent off as well.

You're against VAR being used in football completely? I find that very surprising. If you address its use in the world cup it definitely provided more correct decisions than in the past.

soul24rage

[tw]1044607729493434368[/tw]

So Lenglet is available vs Athletic at home and he can build his chemistry with the team in that match

Sorin

That's the one. And with Madrid Peña too.

Figures. It's not even about Lenglet's dismissal, since he had grounds to show him red but it's the entire manner of reffing that annoyed me. Two obvious fouls on the edge of the box(on Busi and Messi) and the fucker didn't even flinch. This is where VAR still fails imo. Two very promising attacks and we were stopped incorrectly with nothing to show for while the Girona players escaped scot free. Their whole defensive line was already booked so another 2 yellows should've been given. Could've ended with a red too. One attack that was already stopped before the elbow but VAR immediately intervenes. Who the fuck decides that Girona's attack was more important than our attacks? I get that the offense for a straight red card could have priority but a yellow could also lead to a red so why the difference in VAR checking? Anyway, water under the bridge but it's frustrating to say the least.

xXKonan

If the rumors of Umtiti's injury being worse than expected and he's out for a good while then Lenglet just got his golden chance.

He will be able to get a run of games to show us and Valverde that he has what it takes to make it here.

Home of Barca Fans