Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Donatello

A solid buy. Came as a third CB, had to replace a WC CB, and adapted extremely fast despite being his debut season and being only 23.

He isn't on the same level as Umtiti, but still he does his job very well.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Yeah, lucky to have him as a third option! I think he mostly always is solid (7/10) but he doesnt put in performances over that. Still 23,5 y.o. - and maybe he can slowly improve to be WC, he is getting the minutes to develop, but only time will tell. For now he is one of our best transfers in recent time (last 10 years).

soul24rage

For me, the most important buy in this summer. We would have been in serious trouble with Umtiti injured for a long time and Vermaelen getting injured often. The biggest compliment I can give him is that he didn't make me miss Umtiti.

Raketa10

This guy is a big downgrade in comparison to Umtiti. He is ok for a backup but he should not be a starter for Barca. I hope Umtiti gets well soon or this defense will be slaughtered in CL.

Barcilliant

This guy is a big downgrade in comparison to Umtiti. He is ok for a backup but he should not be a starter for Barca. I hope Umtiti gets well soon or this defense will be slaughtered in CL.

I agree. In fact Murillo is a more dynamic player. Having two, slow ball playing centre backs is a recipie for disaster against better teams.

serghei

Lol. Umtiti had had games too. Lenglet has been solid so far. This is one of those rare games where the whole team is not doing well.

Home of Barca Fans