Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Sunny Mir

This guy is a beast. Especially considering that he is 23 and this is his first year here. He has excellent a sense of interception and his blocking is something I am amazed by since the Spurs away game in the CL group stage. Some really big blocks this guy has done as the video above shows. The only downside I see in him is that sometimes he gets burned by really really pacy players and sure he isn't Umtiti early 17/18 season level but I don't think even tits will be able to reach that anymore sadly. This guy might and he isn't that far tbh.
Future looks good with him potentially sharing defensive duties with anyone of:

Pique (Has been immense this season as well after his fuck ups at the start)
De Ligt (Pretty sure we'll get him)
Umtiti (If he recovers and isn't sold I am pretty sure he can make his partnership with Lenglet better)
Todibo (If he isn't loaned. Really like this one as well)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Barto needs to put a clause in his contract that gives him a a 25% increase in salary everytime he elbows that thug Ramos.

Horatio

You're welcome
This guy is a beast. Especially considering that he is 23 and this is his first year here. He has excellent a sense of interception and his blocking is something I am amazed by since the Spurs away game in the CL group stage. Some really big blocks this guy has done as the video above shows. The only downside I see in him is that sometimes he gets burned by really really pacy players and sure he isn't Umtiti early 17/18 season level but I don't think even tits will be able to reach that anymore sadly. This guy might and he isn't that far tbh.
Future looks good with him potentially sharing defensive duties with anyone of:

Pique (Has been immense this season as well after his fuck ups at the start)
De Ligt (Pretty sure we'll get him)
Umtiti (If he recovers and isn't sold I am pretty sure he can make his partnership with Lenglet better)
Todibo (If he isn't loaned. Really like this one as well)

Top defenders dont need to depend on pace. Good positioning does the jon equally.

raskolnikov

What’s even more astonishing is how he wasn’t called up by Deschamps during the last break. Or was he ?
Yeah he said something stupid among the lines of “ he hasnt got enough nt experience to be called up, eventhough I dont call him up”..
Which is like a company demanding a starter to have 5+ years work experience.

xXKonan

He deserves a call-up no doubt.

I consider him a lot better than the options Deschamps likes to call up to back up Varane and Umtiti. He would make a better Umtiti backup than Presnel Kimpembe, who perhaps is one of if not the most overrated CB in his age group.

Joan

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20190426/entrevista-con-clement-lenglet-no-tengo-miedo-me-gusta-el-riesgo-7426017

Beautiful interview, great mentality. Give it a read. Copied translations from Barcacentre. Many things missing, he explains why he didn't choose Juve at the time, what Barca gives him, was he sure he was going to be a success, about his father etc.

Clément Lenglet: "Juve wanted to sign me when I was 18. But going there was a big risk for my career, it was not the right time." [el periodico]

Lenglet: "My first game at the Camp Nou with Sevilla we lost 3-0. Leo scored twice and Suárez once. For me, it was brutal learning. You lose, but you have won much more than you think at that moment."

Lenglet: "I call my father after every game, we talk more about the bad things than the good ones, he helps me improve. I can not help it. I love analyzing everything."

Lenglet: "As soon as the games are over, I look at them and analyze that same night."

Lenglet: "I ask for small videos of the forwards that I have to face. Then I look at the things that they like to do. I look at details, their dribbling, where they move, how they behave in certain actions, what their favorite legs are."

Lenglet: "I like to have all the information possible, where Robertson likes to cross and which post Firmino prefers."

Lenglet: "I usually analyze alone at home in front of the iPad. Sometimes in the hotel room if we play away from home. I especially focus on the players who move in the area that I have to defend. For example Eriksen of Tottenham and Benzema of Madrid."

Lenglet: "I do not want to change the analyzing routine I have. The videos have a length of five minutes on each player."

Lenglet: "Piqué is very intelligent, he helps me a lot, he makes everything easier for me, he helps me interpret the game and does not even need to say it with words."

Lenglet: "I do not talk much when I play. I play in a position where we do not have the lights and the spotlights on our faces, we must defend, cover the shots of our opponents and then advance the ball to our midfield."

Vilarrubi

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20190426/entrevista-con-clement-lenglet-no-tengo-miedo-me-gusta-el-riesgo-7426017

Beautiful interview, great mentality. Give it a read. Copied translations from Barcacentre. Many things missing, he explains why he didn't choose Juve at the time, what Barca gives him, was he sure he was going to be a success, about his father etc.

Clément Lenglet: "Juve wanted to sign me when I was 18. But going there was a big risk for my career, it was not the right time." [el periodico]

Lenglet: "My first game at the Camp Nou with Sevilla we lost 3-0. Leo scored twice and Suárez once. For me, it was brutal learning. You lose, but you have won much more than you think at that moment."

Lenglet: "I call my father after every game, we talk more about the bad things than the good ones, he helps me improve. I can not help it. I love analyzing everything."

Lenglet: "As soon as the games are over, I look at them and analyze that same night."

Lenglet: "I ask for small videos of the forwards that I have to face. Then I look at the things that they like to do. I look at details, their dribbling, where they move, how they behave in certain actions, what their favorite legs are."

Lenglet: "I like to have all the information possible, where Robertson likes to cross and which post Firmino prefers."

Lenglet: "I usually analyze alone at home in front of the iPad. Sometimes in the hotel room if we play away from home. I especially focus on the players who move in the area that I have to defend. For example Eriksen of Tottenham and Benzema of Madrid."

Lenglet: "I do not want to change the analyzing routine I have. The videos have a length of five minutes on each player."

Lenglet: "Piqué is very intelligent, he helps me a lot, he makes everything easier for me, he helps me interpret the game and does not even need to say it with words."

Lenglet: "I do not talk much when I play. I play in a position where we do not have the lights and the spotlights on our faces, we must defend, cover the shots of our opponents and then advance the ball to our midfield."

A true professional.

Home of Barca Fans