Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He should have learned to be more careful. Lesson is learned now but Barca paid for it with 2 valuable points. :neutral:

I am not discarding him and I do think he needs more time/chances but to be honest I never rated him highly in Sevilla in the first place.

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't say too much about his performance except that red card was undeserved. Watched the game with neutral fans and even they said should've been yellow most.

Raketa10

Umtiti got stupid red few days ago, he got stupid red today and Pique was also horrible. I know this things happen but our CB’s really need a kick in their ass since it’s imposible to win anything if your defenders are playing like a bunch of idiots.

soul24rage

so lenglet is not going be available for the games leading up to the spurs match to build up his chemistry with the team while Vermaelen is. Would you guys play Lenglet or Vermaelen for spurs? I'm tempted to go with Vermaelen tbh as he's usually solid for us, but he didn't play a single minute this single... maybe sub him in for athletic at home?

Last edited:
Umtiti's block was necessary to prevent the break away and he got used to complaining without getting a yellow in the past. Experienced plays.

Lenglet's elbow was unnecessary nervous reaction when he had the full control of the ball. inexperienced play.

Both were stupid challenges, I'm worried none of our centerbacks seems to be in form they are doing stupid challenges, hopefully Valverde starts Vermaelen in the next games.

khaled_a_d

He will probably end up as a decent back-up, but he was brought for way too much money. Even in this market.

When CBs like Laporte and VVD cost 80M+, GK like Kepa and Alison costs around same amount I don't think that 35M is "way too much" for a 3rd CB. A bit overpriced but not that bad.

Liked his game before the red card, torn if it was deserved or not

Sorin

Don't know if that was intentional or not but he left himself at the refs mercy with that wild elbow. Unfortunately for him and us the ref was strict and we were left with only 10 men.

All in all, it's quite hard to evaluate him from the half an hour he was on.

Anyway, I hope the same standards will apply to those fuckers in the capital. I'm especially looking at Ramos, Casemiro and Marcelo. Everyone knows they like to throw some wild elbows in every match. My guess is that the play won't even be stopped.

henias

Was a bit unnatural but I doubt it was intentional. Slow motions always makes everything exaggerated, which is why I'm against VAR. He still did okay, no need to make a big fuss. You have Umtiti who throws a big tandrum and got sent off as well.

gasgas

now i have seen the replay, that was a clear red. No doubt about it.
It's too unnatural to be unintentional

Was a bit unnatural but I doubt it was intentional. Slow motions always makes everything exaggerated, which is why I'm against VAR. He still did okay, no need to make a big fuss. You have Umtiti who throws a big tandrum and got sent off as well.

left footed CBs with an attitude

El Flaco

Lenglet's red card vs Girona

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/ijb5e/qxvpmv" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

serghei

Don't know if that was intentional or not but he left himself at the refs mercy with that wild elbow.

True.

And when the ref is Manzano, that can only lead to one thing. This guy can't wait for the slightest chance to do us.

gasgas

True.

And when the ref is Manzano, that can only lead to one thing. This guy can't wait for the slightest chance to do us.
But the ref had awarded that as a freekick against opponent untill the VAR prompted him to review for a possible red and IMO it was a solid red

Last edited:

PhilS

Umtitti's second yellow, well, CBs need to foul sometimes, or think they need to foul. I won't hang him for that one. But, his first yellow, for dissent,CBs cannot afford these types of yellows, especially early in the game. For this position, the chances of a second yellow are just too high. So, I do blame Umtitti, but not severely.

Lenglet, he had less than one second of felonious impulse. That might be human, given the physical nature of his profession. But, inexcusable, especially that early in a game. He is young, in a position where experience is quite valuable. I'm not giving up on him, but this was a very bad one. No felonies on the field for any Barca player, ever, please. Barca is not Mourinho's Real Madrid. Ramos does stuff like this, much to his discredit. The team should fine Lenglet.

Now, Vermaelen has to be readied to start vs. Tot. I'd like to see him start alongside Pique in at least one of the next two games, assuming he is in good playing shape.

Home of Barca Fans