Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As I've said before, he's a good third CB, but as a starter he's just not good enough IMO. He loses physical duels too easily and lately he seem to hoof the ball a lot too even if he got time to pick his spot and play a pass out of the back.

Leo_Messi

Lenglet has never been anything more than a slightly above average CB. A good or even arguably great third option but not exactly a player that excels in any department of the game to the extend that it sets him apart.

Our defense (CB's to be more precise) is our weakest link of the team and I can't see us winning the CL with Lenglet and a almost 33 year old Piqué past his best, as our starting CB pair.

A player like Ibrahima Konaté would be godsent.

Riordon

Lenglet has never been anything more than a slightly above average CB. A good or even arguably great third option but not exactly a player that excels in any department of the game to the extend that it sets him apart.

Our defense (CB's to be more precise) is our weakest link of the team and I can't see us winning the CL with Lenglet and a almost 33 year old Piqué past his best, as our starting CB pair.

A player like Ibrahima Konaté would be godsent.

As I said in another thread, we almost need two new starters. Pique is 33 and Lenglet should be nothing but a backup. Umtiti is done.

Barcilliant

As I said in another thread, we almost need two new starters. Pique is 33 and Lenglet should be nothing but a backup. Umtiti is done.

Yep.

Problem is getting two world class CBS.

Nowadays even a cb costs an arm and a leg.

Is there Noone promising from the academy?

Riordon

Yep.

Problem is getting two world class CBS.

Nowadays even a cb costs an arm and a leg.

Is there Noone promising from the academy?

I know it’s a problem. There is Todibo but that’s it. We should have brought Konaté this summer instead of chasing De Ligt as a lot wrote. Now he is really expensive. Would still pay what it takes to get.

Our scouts must be able to find some gems, can’t be true we always have to buy players when are WC. De Ligt successor in Ajax, L.Martinez, is doing perfectly and we need to get our transfers right from now on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

De Ligt >> Neymar

But that ship has sailed

Lenglet mostly played great with the exception of a couple of actions where he made an absolute mess of things and both cases involved his less than ideal skill on the ball - I never quite appreciated how much weaker his right foot is. Everytime he is in a position to turn his body to the left with his right foot, he looks poor. How is that coaching staff haven't been working on this aspect of his game? I mean, the list of failings from the coaches for me are astounding at this level - we really do not have a coach but a caretaker it would seem

Great contrast with the Suisse coach Favre who is much more sound tactically and knows how to get the best out of his squad. BVB looked very fluid in possession and regularly played the ball out of pressure with ease - compare that to our team who looked to be running in mud

YodaMaster

I’m sorry but this guy isn’t good enough to be a long term starter here. He’s a good defender to have in a team, but not as an undisputed starter. Gets bullied way too often.

Umtiti needs to work his ass off and get back to his best form asap.

Xaviniesta

umtiti was nothing special in the CL, but at least he was good in la liga games away from home. lenglet is too inconsistent for me

devo901

umtiti was nothing special in the CL, but at least he was good in la liga games away from home. lenglet is too inconsistent for me

Agreed, Lenglet is not worldclass - but at least he (pique also partly) showed 2-3 solide games (against mediocre enemies) in a row - which is not a lot of players in the team can claim (except FDJ maybe).

Yes, long term he is not winning a UCL, but that holds true for the midfield (YES!) and the attack (sorry!) and the trainer (we all agree on that) as well ...

Home of Barca Fans