Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

khaled_a_d

In general I don't agree with the majority here that he has been without fault this season, he hasn't been as good as proclaimed here, but disregarding that for now, isn't Umtiti slagged off at every opportunity nowadays? To me what you are doing right now to excuse Lenglet's performance last night is the very definition of whataboutism.

Umtiti has lost fans for many reasons. Him stalling contract renewal and talking to other clubs, him refusing to accept the club medical advice that cost him a year etc. All happened while he was in bad form.
But before that, he was one of the most popular players in this forum.
Back to Lenglet, he is good, but for an attacking -supposedly- team like us, he is too slow. He can survive that if he another quick CB, but we don't have one.
I would really like to know what the club see him, if he is a future starter then bringing De Ligt make no sense, they compliment each other badly. IF he is a future 3rd CB, then De Ligt is needed to replace Pique, but we would still need a quick CB (Healthy Umtiti would be perfect)

kilian

Remind me what happened at Roma ?

Basing an opinion on one game is stupid. That stands for both players. My post wasn't a reaction to yesterday's game, but to the posts of people suddenly realizing he's not (yet) world class. Umtiti was part of Roma shit show, but when you break down their talents it's clear as day that Umtiti is better. The only thing in which IMO Lenglet is better is that he is less cocky, which is a good trait for a defender.
All that aside, I still think that in the end he is our signing of the season.

FC B

Terrible game from him as terrible as was Umtiti's vs. Roma... Barca needs de Ligt, that's for sure.

Alik

I've said it more than once that Umtiti at his best is way better than this guy. But people behave like idiots and want Umtiti sold like he was fucking Gomes. Lenglet isn't bad, he is a good player, but he's not world class. Everyone realized that today, in the worst moment possible.

Nobody thinks Umtiti was like Gomes. However, there is a huge question mark regarding his fitness and his ability after his most recent injury. Now would be the last chance to cash in on him if he is a changed player.

Prime Umtiti would have been of little difference against Liverpool btw.

Neymessi

Not Barca level, seriously, the only thing to his advantage is that he has just not done any blunders bar today's one and many other players are so shit that they take away the limelight from him and his movement positioning defending isn't Barca level. He just has been doing an ok job without being exposed.

utility73

Wow, that mistake which nearly led to Valencia‘s first was so unbelievably stupid. Does that guy even have a brain?

Kul_z

Considering the fuck ups from the middle, he had a one brainfart and the rest was ok. Still, needs some work to do

Home of Barca Fans