Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

fergus90

Quite honestly I've never been sold on him. Makes a very capable back up centre-back or an inflatable tube man with his arm movements but he shouldn't be the future of our defence to build around.

I’ve said it before but... Lenglet is a ball player not really a defender. Having said that he made a couple of important penalty box interceptions tonight in the second half.

Richard.H

Quite honestly I've never been sold on him. Makes a very capable back up centre-back or an inflatable tube man with his arm movements but he shouldn't be the future of our defence to build around.

Same. He looks very shaky and I do not trust him at all vs top strikers. Excellent backup but no doubt I would invest in a proper top CB if possible. Hopefully Araujo comes good.

Batistuta9

I?ve said it before but... Lenglet is a ball player not really a defender. Having said that he made a couple of important penalty box interceptions tonight in the second half.

I think he will play better if he was playing next to a faster CB. Him with pique is too much of the same and way too slow for the high line we play. I wish we had kounde.

Birdy

I?ve said it before but... Lenglet is a ball player not really a defender. Having said that he made a couple of important penalty box interceptions tonight in the second half.

So is Pique.
And Pique is as slow (if not slower) than him.

If one needs to go it's the 33yr old.
Time passes for everyone.

Lenglet is here to stay paired with fast atheltic CB

Messi983

I think he will play better if he was playing next to a faster CB. Him with pique is too much of the same and way too slow for the high line we play. I wish we had kounde.

+1000

That said, I'm interested to see how he'll do alongside Araujo vs Juve. IIRC the only time they've started together so far was against Alaves in the last La Liga game last season.

jamrock

I also wish we had Kounde but in place of lenglet, because lenglet is the most MEH defender I've seen in a long time starting so consistently for a big club.

Home of Barca Fans