Lliga | Round 12: Leganes CD - FC Barcelona 0-3

Scoring both of our winning goals. Won't you say, that is a performance for the contention of "man of the match", which is fantastic?

Not really, I'm happy he scored a couple goals and hopefully that gives him some confidence to carry over to the next game, but the score-sheet doesn't always tell the whole story. Aside from the goals he was poor in my opinion and it's not like the two he scored were of great quality either, but he is a striker and his job is to score goals, which he did in this match, so I'll say he did well.

He was not close to fantastic in my opinion and I would give the man of the match to Ter Stegen who made two incredible saves, both at crucial times.

BarçaBarça

People need to cheer up a little - it feels like some would like us to lose, so that it is legitimate to rant at the players who is in a mediocre form. I feel like people are exaggerating the effect of our bad play this season. When we have met great opposition we have done quite fine. I feel confident that we can get decent results from the Juve and Valencia-games.

It is like a win doesn't count when we haven't dominated in every aspect of the game, when in fact we should be ecstatic to be leading 10 points over the Madrid teams. Why is playing Iniesta suddenly a huge mistake, when he actually was very down in the last period of Enriques time, because he was dropped so much (he has earlier talked about how sad he was every time he got the message that he was benched) - to alliance oneself with the captain of the team could also be seen as a great decision for a new manager, to gain trust with the squad (+ it's not Valverdes fault that he plays 100% of the time when with Spain - and resting him after playing in friendlies could also be taking as a defeat in the powerbattle between barca-spain-coaches).

Valverde has a sub-par squad to work with, and the team are on the run to settle the league before the new year - how can that in any way be bad? If we get the right additions more rest to key players will be possible and a tactic more suited for Valverde can be realized. Barca are not Madrid, but Real played about 3-4 good games in La Liga last year, when they won it, but no-one is paying attention to that - because it is easy to point at the quality of the squad and assume the were dominating every game they won. But they weren't dominant at all - and this year we are off to a mighty good start, and have the possibility to lock them down psychologically in the first half of the season, before we get key players in the starting 11 again, and possibly up our game in terms of beautiful play and more 'deserved' wins.

Theodor

No, because those are not the kind of goals we can count on happening any other game and this was not the performance we can count on in the bigger games. His passing and control is significantly weaker than a year ago. 2 lucky goals doesn't mean shit in the bigger picture.

eaman

Yes Suarez did score a couple but his overall play was poor. Also did anyone notice the amount of long balls we played. I thought I was watching stoke for a while. And does anyone know why Messi doesn't get an assist for paulinhos goal? He didn't in a couple of official stat sites I've seen anyway

M

MessiCam

Yes Suarez did score a couple but his overall play was poor. Also did anyone notice the amount of long balls we played. I thought I was watching stoke for a while. And does anyone know why Messi doesn't get an assist for paulinhos goal? He didn't in a couple of official stat sites I've seen anyway

Yep, spray and pray... 68% possession but no quality in terms of passing.

Home of Barca Fans