Lliga | Round 12: Leganes CD - FC Barcelona 0-3

Alik

Ter Stegen
Dembele Digne Vermailen Alba
Busquets
Rak Paulinho
Paco Messi Suarez

Until Masch heals, Vermailen needs to play against the weaker opponents, until he gets hurt. Let's see Digne at CB, give him some experience against weaker opponents as soon as possible. He needs to be ready to start at CB in some big games, after Verm gets hurt and Pique/Umtiti get suspended.

Uh, what?

FinBarcelonafan

The major international tournaments are especially overrated, most people know friendlies and qualifiers to a lesser extent are snooze fests, but people hype up these tournaments to be these epic, captivating, enthralling clashes, but they're anything but. Even the biggest of games, with the biggest of stars, countries and rivalries more often than not fail to live up to their hype and full potential. There are usually some great games in the group stages, but once the knockout rounds start it's like every team is instructed to play this slow, timid, defensive brand of football. I think the root cause of this is the immense pressure the NTs face when close to success, so they just clench their butt cheeks, stop playing their natural game and look not to lose rather than win, that's also why we so many matches go to shootouts and extra time.

True. This is how World Cup games been lately and heck even European.. Group stage some good games, but otherwise boring. Of course penalties are entertaining, but it's not good way to solve football game..

Messi983

People are overlooking this game but I'll say it's more important than the Valencia one next week. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but for now I still don't consider Valencia as a serious title contender and expect them to start slowing down in second half of the season so I'm still looking at Madrid as our biggest (and only) rival.

We are playing before Madrid derby tomorrow and if we win that will put a lot of pressure on RM to win at Wanda Metropolitano. If we drop points against Leganes that will motivate RM and I'm sure they'll win El Madrileno. And then next week game at Mestalla will become even more important because our advantage could drop to 2-4 points. If we win tomorrow we'll still keep at least 5 points advantage even if we lose next week.

So win against Leganes and everything stays in our hands. Drop points and our situation could become very dangerous in a week or two. It won't be easy after international break as Leganes has been very solid defensively so far this season and they had full two weeks to prepare (while we were missing most of our players) so it will probably take time to break them down but we have to do that. Don't care if we'll win playing good or bad, only important thing are 3 points.

+1
Don't be so pesimistic, people. We have Messi(iah).

And Paulinho!

Do these yellow cards apply to Copa too?

No, only suspensions from direct red cards are carried over from La Liga to Copa or other way.

dakt

It will be a tough nut to crack open. A type of game where traditionally, we can easily slip down and so huge test for Valverde's tactics, having also in mind the FIFA virus.
Let's make it one step closer to the title. :barcascarf:

Alik

I'd play with the strongest lineup.

We struggle post-international break, and Leganés aren't pushovers.

Need to keep up momentum and I would rather drop points against Valencia than against Leganés.

Last edited:

draconifire

Hoping for a good display of footy. Haven't seen that in ages. Knowing its after an international break, chances of that happening is slim.

Windhook

Normally I'd call for demolition, but since Luis Suarez lost all of his scoring abilities, I expect a very tough game ahead.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Don't worry guys, Paco got this.

paco-alcacer-goal-barcelona-vs-sevilla-1-0-04112017-9tTIRfnrrfcsddefault-400x300.jpg

Home of Barca Fans