Valverde's rating

Rate Valverde

• Total voters

denpietrau

4 stars. Patience. Midfielder have ball. Messi feel comfortable. We have 28 point/28 goal/10 round (last year 22/30/10) when without Dembele (even N€ymar).

Gaudi

3 stars for now, added nothing new in attack, playing to slow and static...I think he improved defence as a team a bit, we are mixing pressing with deeper defending.
Results are good though I think it smells like Tito season and we are just waiting to be destroyed.

Messi983

Based on the circumstances (Neymar leaving, not getting a creative midfielder, star signing Dembele injured,...) I think he's done everything that was expected and more so I'll give him a 5.

Here is what I said in Alena thread about 3 weeks ago...

It's too soon to say that. I believe his first 3 goals when he came here were:

1. Have a good start resultwise to get some peace back to the club after furious summer we've had. He more than accomplished that.

2. Make a selection out of the players which he already did very quickly. People might disagree with some of his decisions but I think we can agree that roles of the players are already very clear.

3. Find the right system that would fit the players we have the best. He's still trying different things but so far I believe he knows what he's doing.

I still believe he has a longterm plan that involves playing "better" football and slowly integrating Alena and possibly other B team player(s) into first team but he could only do so much in first 4 months, especially in September-November period when there is NT break every month that ruins training process and team dynamics.

After current NT break team will stay together for the rest of the season (except for a week of hollidays around New Year) so EV will have more time to work on things we still need to improve. Dembele will return and I still have a faith that Suarez will return to good form (probably not as good as he was in 2015-16) but I believe he can again become useful. If we also manage to sign an impact player or two in January (which I doubt but stranger things have happened) that will further improve our chances for a good season.

Messi983

Ah, s***

I knew that NTs will play in March but I thought it would be only one game in midweek but now I see that it will be usual 2 weeks break.

ricknattery

If not for Messi we'd be doing worst than Madrid. Can't see him being a factor in us achieving something important this season. Hopefully Messi keeps at this level in march-may or we will end up like last season

Home of Barca Fans