Valverde's rating

Rate Valverde

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are closing in to 30% percent of matches played this season so let's have a review and rate the work Valverde has done with Barca.

I didn't get to see full Supercopa's but I am taking into account the fact we lost the tie. League, result-wise, is looking great. Copa and CL as expected. Results are very good considering he lost Neymar and then Dembele and didn't get that midfield signing. Also with Suarez in worst form of his life.

I am not satisfied with team selections and overall play though and don't see him as man with vision.

For me, it's 3 stars and I am being optimistic here.

Results: 5 stars

Especially considering the squad we have right now.

Performances and Quality of Football: 2 stars

Overall: 3.5 stars

Since there is no 3.5 star option I'm going to give him a 4, since playing beautiful football with this squad really isn't realistic, but we should be playing a lot better though even with what we have.

Will give him 5 stars if he steals us La Liga at the end of the year, I have no expectations for the CL, but I feel the current brand of football we're playing right now is unsustainable and reality is going to hit us hard soon.

vlad

4stars, as it was already mentioned, poor squad, neymar leaving at last moment, then he couldnt count on dembele, poor form of suarez, rakitic, pique... and i cant blame valverde for that, i was a bit disappointed with him yesterday when he benched paco, but i hope he will include paco more often now

gasgas

I'll be tough and give 3 stars

Positives:
1. Results
2. Defence
3. He has improved a few players: mats, alba

Negatives
1. Bizzare formations and lineups
2. Lack of youth integration
3. Lack of meritocracy and overuse of veterans

Can get better or worse depending on how he proceeds, the return of injured players and signings

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Results - 4 stars at the moment but with a very good chance of it witnessing a free fall during the business end of the season or even when we start playing decent opponents in the league!

Cajones - 1 (Bench the likes of Suarez, Pique & Rakitic man!)

Giving chances to youngsters - 1
He cannot be a man who lacks vision or an eye for spotting talent cause, after all, he did manage Athletic for quite a while. It's just his cowardliness with the stars and the fear of losing the job is stopping him from giving chances to the likes of Alena and Arnaiz I guess.

Playstyle - 3.5 (Giving him the benefit of doubt here cause it is the underperforming stars who are ruining the scoreline and making it look worse)

Signings - 4 (He did want another defender and a midfielder and is being ruthless with the deadweight. Even sort of spoke against the board in this regards!)

Overall - 3!

Last edited:

jamrock

This is not Barcelona football, I don't care about what anyone wants to say about winning.

Watching us these days it's just horrible, and the results are coming but I have a feeling we will end up with maybe just the league in the end and a embarrassment in the CL.

LeeRomeno

Cconsidering circumstances, i believe he has taken close to maximum from the current situation. I will not give 5 though, as gameplay has been shaky at times, so 4. No complaints about squad selection though, as those complaints seem to be mainly based on whatever is trendy currently on this forum. Expecting to see alot of "start Paco" from now on and whining if he does not start, maybe even whining about Rakitic will end after 1 decent performance. Who knows. Noone knows what the master geniuses here come up with next.

PhilS

Highest rating. He is getting positive contributions from plenty enough players. Even when a player has been brought back from deep hibernation, we have seen very good play.

Valverde has been getting improved play from Messi. This always comes first in evaluating a Barca manager.

My only concern is overuse of some of the key players. No problem yet, but will this prove costly by March? Surely L. Suarez can be be given rest soon, he may as well store up energy the way he is playing now. Can this new manager summon up the courage to rest Messi, ever?

Alik

I'd prefer to wait until the 23rd of December to accurately rate him.

Right now, I'd give him 3.

Givenchy

5 stars for getting the results. we look pretty good defensively as well which is something we haven't said in a while. the football is pretty shit but ill wait until we have Dembele back in the front 3 before i give him a 1 in that.

Neymessi

2.5. Only coz of results.

If he keeps playing crap football and grinding results all season and we end up winning trophies i will give him 4 but there is no point in grinding results now and fall apart later in the season which is probably going to happen. These results may be doing more damage than good with everyone thinking we don't have any faults and when the faults do become visible its too late.

Devils

If you look at it result-wise we are right up there with City and PSG (who don't count anyway playing in a poverty league).

Only thing is we don't play anywhere near as good as City or look as frightening.

I give him 3 stars, that's being generous on my part.

bodi16

For me it's 3 stars, but there are tougher matches in the upcoming 2 months,so we will know by the end of the year if Valverde can lead us to at least one major trophy or we should look for another manager sooner rather than later.

Home of Barca Fans