Valverde not apologizing for winning

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ernesto Valverde's comments after 2-1 win against Sevilla at Camp Nou:

20171104-636454288500802093_20171104214938-kuUD-U432610758370eAI-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

"This victory is very important before this (international) break,"
said the coach, who defended Barca performance, especially in the first half: "Generally the results are a result of the game , and we're not going to apologize for winning."

"It's what we like. We like to dominate and generate chances,"
he said, although he stressed that "the opponent also plays, and comes with the intention to dominate."

"We knew that they would come with the intention of not hiding and fielding a high defense. We dominated a lot in the first half and in the first part we had chances to have a bigger scoreline. It has not been like that and that has made them get back in the game and we had to be careful. We did not get many chances in the second half, but we had to suffer more. We have taken another step forward. You have to know how to play those matches in which you do not succeed to close the game and you have to defend the result."

"It's like against Olympiacos, we had chances, the team dominated and could not win, although I liked the game. This time we could have won with bigger but Sevilla are a great team and you have to know how to play them."

"Paco had a good game, but also looked tired, because his position had demands and with that effort, it seemed like the moment. I thought that Luis Suárez was going to have occasions, as it has been."
He does not believe that the team got Paco back, because "I do not think we lost him. He has done very well and we are happy with him. "

serghei

He is going to have a very rude awakening and very soon. There are teams out there that will give us a good beating if we let them attack us while we sit back, like Madrid did it already. Teams who play very well on the front foot.

If he doesn't plan to dominate the easier opponents, how does he expect us to win games vs the likes of City, PSG, Madrid, Bayern? By keeping them at bay with our air tight defense? :lol:

Last edited:

Neeraj

His press conferences are less than assuring, and don't give any indication that things are going to improve - because according to him, this is exactly what he wants. At least some comments like 'we need to improve our pace of attacks, yada yada' would give fans some hope. I see no hope of our style getting any better this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I see us losing 5 points. 3 at Bernabeu and 2 at Mestalla. But who's to say Madrid will win their every match?

CatalinR10

Agreed. I see us losing 5 points. 3 at Bernabeu and 2 at Mestalla. But who's to say Madrid will win their every match?

or we win those remaining games including away at RM while RM loses away to Atletico and we go +14 at the end of the year :valverde2:

HOPE

Home of Barca Fans