Houssem Aouar

Laplacian

Pedri is a special talent tbh, if things goes well with him I can see him becoming a starter earlier.
In the mean time, since we are broker and hell bent on playing 4231 so no number 8, there is no reason for us to go for Aouar

Bruh how many times have a I read "special talent" in regards to U18 Barcelona player within the last 5 years. I'm saying, if youre betting on a 17 yr old coming good (which is fine imo) you're basically forsaking la liga and champions league for the next 5 years. Because unless he's Mbappe/Messi level, he's not going to be a Barcelona level regular before he's 21. Those are insane expectations you're placing on him, and it's even more insane to build a squad around those expectations.

khaled_a_d

Bruh how many times have a I read "special talent" in regards to U18 Barcelona player within the last 5 years. I'm saying, if youre betting on a 17 yr old coming good (which is fine imo) you're basically forsaking la liga and champions league for the next 5 years. Because unless he's Mbappe/Messi level, he's not going to be a Barcelona level regular before he's 21. Those are insane expectations you're placing on him, and it's even more insane to build a squad around those expectations.

How many times I need to repeat the other points? :lol:
Aouar himself is a young player, he is not a sure thing (although more advanced than Pedri)
It is about the fact that we neither need an 8, nor we have the money. So if we don't need an 8 a player like Auoar is more of a future signing than a sign now.
For the future, we have someone who fits that timeline, may be he doesn't work and we will be in the market for an 8, when we actually have money and different game plan

Laplacian

Well then that makes him even less attractive now.

lel what

It's because

1. All the top teams already have a set midfield, or like us they're broke.

2. Post Covid Market

3. He really, really, really wants to leave.

4. Apparently he's into Arsenal because of le French connection (Wenger, Henry etc)

5. Aulas not being a bitch when his players clearly want to leave.

Dude is clearly one of the best no.8s in his age group, he's been great for Lyon and has had man of the match performances during the CL. Aouar literally has everything: technique, flair, dribbling ability, beautiful first touch, movement off the ball, acceleration, creativity in passing, acceleration and pace, he's tall (5'11~1.78m) so he has physical presence and doesn't get bullied off the ball, balanced defensive contribution (tackling, interceptions) and he can score fucking goals. The price isn't due to his lack of talent. Watch, this thread will blow up once he goes to a more "marketable" league just like Haaland's did. With some players it's just easy to tell that they'll succeed, I'll be really surprised if he doesn't.

Porque

Very very good player but we're both in a financial mess and betted on a 4231 with Coutinho this season- for better or worse.

Not the only big club who missed out. Pep wanted him at City too but prioritised other positions. About to spend big money on Ruben "buenas" Dias.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yeah we are broke and he's a player we can't really fit at the moment.
As for my comment regarding him being less attractive with a lower price tag, just mocking our sporting department and transfer strategy to date.

Messi983

Transfers: Houssem Aouar (OL) in agreement with Arsenal - @OL: there will be very few starts: for Houssem Arsenal is too far from his value: we are counting on him to make a great match in Lorient and lead OL in CL next year

Se queda...

Laplacian

Transfers: Houssem Aouar (OL) in agreement with Arsenal - @OL: there will be very few starts: for Houssem Arsenal is too far from his value: we are counting on him to make a great match in Lorient and lead OL in CL next year

Se queda...

Thats what he said about Ndombele. Wait, you'll see.

Gnidrologist

He seems like approx the same profile as Puig/Pedri and almost just as green. And not of spanish origin. Why the hype? No matter his merit, players like him are the last thing we need now, even if double pivot shit is ditched next season. We need defenders and a striker not another half baked young midfielder we have plenty on our own.

Bulgroz

When exactly did Puig and Pedri have great performances in CL semis and/or against the likes of Juve, City or PSG? And when did they play their approx. 150 games in professional football? I think I missed that.

Gnidrologist

We don't need another attacking player to te roster unless he's tire 1 talent like Neymar, when other positions are still wrecked. Not to mention that we also still have to deal with Cout and Griez, who are also similar profile.

Messi983

When exactly did Puig and Pedri have great performances in CL semis and/or against the likes of Juve, City or PSG? And when did they play their approx. 150 games in professional football? I think I missed that.

Yeah lol, he's only a year older and much better than Puig will ever be. OTOH I believe Pedri could become at least as good if not better than Aouar in a few years.

Laplacian

We don't need another attacking player to te roster unless he's tire 1 talent like Neymar, when other positions are still wrecked. Not to mention that we also still have to deal with Cout and Griez, who are also similar profile.

When exactly did Coutinho and Griezmann become versatile centre midfielders capable of excelling in various positions, including but not limited to playing in a double pivot and the advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3?

Why are you guys trying to build a narrative that we don't "need" him, stop lmao. Literally if he came here he'd be the only quality midfielder of his position. Youth players, one being a U-17 and another barely having any experience in the top flight are not his competitors lmao. He'd be better than Pjanic considering he actually has pace and dribbling ability.

Like for the past 4 years we've been moaning about the lack of creativity from midfield and now all of a sudden we don't need a mobile creative midfielder. lmaooo

get off it.

Gnidrologist

From the highlights i thought he's AM. Anyhow, the first money we have should be spent on defenders and a sriker. Then, if hopefully, we can get rid of some more deadweight and misfits, Aour and alike can be pondered on.

gregorrin10

Looks like he's staying at Lyon, for now at least. Reportedly feels he can get a bigger move (than Arsenal who wanted him now, but couldn't afford to pay more than 40M, with Lyon wanting 60M) if he waits until next summer. Should really keep an eye out for this one, looks affordable and is proven quality already.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans