Houssem Aouar

Bulgroz

Haven't been able to watch a lot of Euro U21 unfortunately. That being said, I think he looks way more frail than he actually is. He played quite a few games as a CM, and always managed to bring something to the table defensively, even though he's clearly not as tough as Ndombele for example. Sure, he's not a strong buffed player, but he's not Pastore either.

Saladin

He has a very high ceiling but needs to work more with his off-the-ball play. Definitely a lot of potential and been strong especially in the big matchups.

Riordon

Yeah, although I'd like to know if he's a true chance creator or one of those offensive midfielders that are great dribblers, but lack end product.

He gives a great number of keypasses but I wouldnt say he is a true chance creator like De Bruyne. He could have a better final ball and range.

We need atleast one in the midfield who is a true chance creator but for me it doesnt have to be the offensive midfielder. Can also be someone like Kroos who creates lots of chances from deep lying midfield position

Messi983

I'm convinced with Aouar and would buy him no doubt. I think we can probably get Aouar + a box to box midfielder like Soumare almost for a price of one Fabian. I've been a fan of Fabian for a long time but not for 100m+ which is what I think Di Laurentis will ask for him (especially if/when we throw Napoli out of the CL). I think besides more quality we also need more depth in midfield so I'd try to get two midfielders. FDJ, Arthur, Soumare and Aouar would give us 4 starting quality young midfielders who all have their own qualities. Let Setien or whoever our manager will be figure out how to get the best out of them. Busi shouldn't be a starter anymore in big games but he can still play against most La Liga teams. Hopefully he'll accept a new reality and won't make too much fuss about not being a regular anymore. In ideal world we would sell him for whatever we can get but is almost impossible to happen this summer but maybe in a year or two he'll decide to leave.

vuji_31

Never seen someome mention Soumare except this forum. That guy is not tehnically good.
He is clumsy on tight space.

khaled_a_d

I'm convinced with Aouar and would buy him no doubt. I think we can probably get Aouar + a box to box midfielder like Soumare almost for a price of one Fabian. I've been a fan of Fabian for a long time but not for 100m+ which is what I think Di Laurentis will ask for him (especially if/when we throw Napoli out of the CL). I think besides more quality we also need more depth in midfield so I'd try to get two midfielders. FDJ, Arthur, Soumare and Aouar would give us 4 starting quality young midfielders who all have their own qualities. Let Setien or whoever our manager will be figure out how to get the best out of them. Busi shouldn't be a starter anymore in big games but he can still play against most La Liga teams. Hopefully he'll accept a new reality and won't make too much fuss about not being a regular anymore. In ideal world we would sell him for whatever we can get but is almost impossible to happen this summer but maybe in a year or two he'll decide to leave.

Well, if we sign two midfielder then I will take Thiago as one of them. He will serve as a good stop gap for our midfield and he may come cheap if he doesn't renew.

KingLeo10

Well, if we sign two midfielder then I will take Thiago as one of them. He will serve as a good stop gap for our midfield and he may come cheap if he doesn't renew.

Agree. FDJ as DM, Arthur, Thiago, one of these talented, attacking midfielders would actually be a pretty good midfield for the next couple of years.

Riordon

I have wanted Aouar since december 2017 and he would fit in well here. The french Iniesta, the way he dribbles past opponents is unique. Lacks a bit intensity off the ball.

He is not a true chance creater nor fantastic passer. I want one worldclass passer (with range, final ball, everything) like De Bruyne, Xabi Alonso, Kroos, Xavi.

This could work

De Jong
Thiago - Aouar

Last edited:

Messi983

Nope, time to look forward not in the past. He's also too old and injury prone.

Home of Barca Fans