Houssem Aouar

Jair Ventura

Was Lacazette dominating the French league as a 19 year old? Was there a bidding war between huge clubs for Lacazette when he was 19 and huge money was rejected? Point is, when the player is dominating the league and in Europe, they will leave. That usually happens around 22-24 but sometimes earlier. Its got nothing to do with bullying or not being healthy financially.

Benzema, Lacazette, Umtiti, Tolisso: Why didn't Lyon sell any of them before they were ready to sell them? Why will Aouar be handled any different given Lyon is more healthy financially since they've been when they were dominating Ligue 1? Nothing you're arguing is consistent with how Lyon is managed as a club, from top to bottom.

Riordon

Watched the game today, like him a lot. One of the best young midfielders right now. Good we are keeping an eye on him.

Jombi

Benzema, Lacazette, Umtiti, Tolisso: Why didn't Lyon sell any of them before they were ready to sell them? Why will Aouar be handled any different given Lyon is more healthy financially since they've been when they were dominating Ligue 1? Nothing you're arguing is consistent with how Lyon is managed as a club, from top to bottom.

Obviously because huge clubs did not offer massive amount of money for them when they were 19. Its not about Lyon not being ready to sell Lacazette as a 19 year old for example. Its about Lacazette not even starting to score goals on a regular basis until he was 22 years old after years at the club.

Jair Ventura

Obviously because huge clubs did not offer massive amount of money for them when they were 19. Its not about Lyon not being ready to sell Lacazette as a 19 year old for example. Its about Lacazette not even starting to score goals on a regular basis until he was 22 years old after years at the club.

Whether he was 19 or 22, Lyon doesn't need money. What Lyon wants is to qualify for and compete in the UCL. How does selling Aouar and Fekir in the same summer help them accomplish that? It doesn't. They'll sell eventually, but not before they're ready.

Why do you keep trying to isolate the conversation to one about Lacazette? He isn't the only great player they've developed.

Jombi

Whether he was 19 or 22, Lyon doesn't need money. What Lyon wants is to qualify for and compete in the UCL. How does selling Aouar and Fekir in the same summer help them accomplish that? It doesn't. They'll sell eventually, but not before they're ready.

Why do you keep trying to isolate the conversation to one about Lacazette? He isn't the only great player they've developed.

I never said he was the only player they developed. I am merely pointing out that once the player start dominating the league and in Europe, they absolutely will sell the player. Its not about needing money, its about not being able to hold on to players that are already becoming too big for the club. Thats always the case. And players do developed at different pace. Some become too big for the club at a younger age than others so they leave earlier.

To me, Aouar is a more interesting signing than Fekir.

Jair Ventura

I never said he was the only player they developed. I am merely pointing out that once the player start dominating the league and in Europe, they absolutely will sell the player. Its not about needing money, its about not being able to hold on to players that are already becoming too big for the club. Thats always the case. And players do developed at different pace. Some become too big for the club at a younger age than others so they leave earlier.

To me, Aouar is a more interesting signing than Fekir.

Every single player I've mentioned was great for many years before they were sold and there's nothing to suggest they will handle Aouar any differently. You know nothing about Lyon yet are speaking is if you're familiar with how they function as a club.

JamDav1982

Stretching it to call Lacazette a 'great player'.

Been fairly average at Arsenal so far.

Jair Ventura

He's 1 goal off being tied for 3rd most goals in the EPL in only 1100 minutes played. Either he's playing well or the league is weak and he's able to score regardless of form.

Jombi

Every single player I've mentioned was great for many years before they were sold and there's nothing to suggest they will handle Aouar any differently. You know nothing about Lyon yet are speaking is if you're familiar with how they function as a club.

Its got nothing to do with how they function. Its about when the player becomes too big for the club. If you honestly believe that Lyon is in any position to hold on to superstars involved in bidding wars between various huge clubs, you are not realistic. Aouar and every other player from Lyon leaves when they become too big for the club.

Jair Ventura

Its got nothing to do with how they function. Its about when the player becomes too big for the club. If you honestly believe that Lyon is in any position to hold on to superstars involved in bidding wars between various huge clubs, you are not realistic. Aouar and every other player from Lyon leaves when they become too big for the club.

No, they leave when Lyon is ready to sell them. We'll have to agree to disagree though, I have no interest in going further as you know nothing about the club.

JamDav1982

All players leave when clubs are ready to sell them for whatever reason...

If a player wants to leave a club like Lyon in a lesser league like France they will find a way to force the issue.

Jombi

No, they leave when Lyon is ready to sell them. We'll have to agree to disagree though, I have no interest in going further as you know nothing about the club.

I know plenty about Lyon, its you who seem to be uninformed about how things work. You just seem upset that Lyon cant hold on to players who become too big for the club.

Jair Ventura

I know plenty about Lyon, its you who seem to be uninformed about how things work. You just seem upset that Lyon cant hold on to players who become too big for the club.

Yea, you're right. Benzema, Umtiti, Tolisso, & Lacazette didn't feature in 100+ appearances for Lyon's first team. They only become good players after they were sold to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Arsenal. Before that? They weren't any good. It's a wonder they ever made names for themselves in the first place.

Never change, barcaforum. lol

JamDav1982

100+ appearances means nothing other than they developed to point couldnt keep them.

Can remember Spurs taking Lloris from Lyon when 'not ready' and unhappy about way spurs bullied them.

Even Lacazette they said wouldnt be sold this summer..... and he was.

Last edited:

lyonnais

100+ appearances means nothing other than they developed to point couldnt keep them.

Can remember Spurs taking Lloris from Lyon when 'not ready' and unhappy about way spurs bullied them.

Even Lacazette they said wouldnt be sold this summer..... and he was.

Hi, I signed up just to answer you. :D

Lloris (and also Toulalan, Pjanic & Martial) they were sold at very low prices because of our toxic finances.
Lyon went into debt because he build his own stadium and also buying disappointing players too expensive (Gourcuff for example).
Lloris was already a french international when he was in Lyon, 12m€ wasn't a good sale but we were forced to sell.

But since 2-3 years, we have almost healthy finances and we can kept our best players against other club.

However our best players are free to leave only for "big clubs of their dream" like Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, ect.
We give you Umtiti, an elite defender for nothing lol. :lol:
It does not surprise me that you follow all our players now. :lol:
This strategy of selling only to big clubs allows us to highlight our club and we can buy promising players in our turn because they know if they come to Lyon, we can developed them well.

For Lacazette, we received decent offers from PSG, Atletico, Arsenal & West Ham for years, but he was not really intesting to go their, so we give him a big contract.
In his last season we did not qualify for the CL, and he was getting bored with us, he was frustrated for many reasons:
- to play with randoms players : Cornet, Valbuena, Jallet, ect
- to no have a good coach
- and especially because: this c*nt of Deschamps didn't take him only because he hates Lyon
So he accepted to go to Arsenal, but his first choice was Atletico, unfortunately they were sanctioned by the Uefa and they can't buy him.

For Aouar, he's a crack, he play like as if he had 26 years old and already had experience from Champions League games. Hope he we will stay as long as possible with us.

We have also 4 strikers who are very promising, we already receive offers from R. Madrid, Chelsea... but we declined everything :
- Gouiri - 17 years old - 25 goals in 19 caps with young France international team (u17 & u18) :lol:
- Maolida - 18 years old
- Geubbels - 16 years old

Home of Barca Fans