Jonathan Tah

Joan

I could understand that from Leverkusen's standpoint (though they'd maybe prefer to keep him until end of the season than getting "only" 10M more, since they'll have problems to find a replacement in January) but from Barça standpoint wouldn't it be better to just buy Mina in January and wait for Tah's clause to drop so we can get them both for 35M.

Of course if there is any truth in us going after him at all.

Anyway, I'm happy to see rumours linking us to German and French players. I was never a fan of their NTs but they have a lot of great young talent so we should buy more of them to join MATS, Umtiti and Dembele.

I might've accidentally reported your post, sorry. :lol:

They bought Retsos from Olympiacos for nearly 18M this summer. They prolly think about future.

Tho they might wanna keep him. Don't know. But personally dislike Mina so I'd be more pleased with Marlon-Pique-Tah fighting for the spot.

Also like Gimenez. Actually prefer him over both Tah and Mina.

Last edited:

Messi983

Says he's right footed. You can say goodbye to Marlon if we get Tah.

Other players like Mina, Upamecano, De Ligt,... that are linked to us are also right footed. I wouldn't worry too much about that unless EV wants to have two left footed defenders but then we'll be pretty limited to find one willing to come here knowing that he'd be mostly used as Umtiti's backup.

If we'll really bring 2 new CBs (Mina + another one) next year then that doesn't speak well about Marlon's future here anyway. But with how Pique's been playing recently I wouldn't totally rule out that he could be done sooner than we expected (in 2-3 years; TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see him retiring relatively early as I think he's just lost interest for football and that's one of the reasons for his poor performances) and then we can possibly bring back Marlon when his 2-year loan will expire in 2019. So we'd have Umtiti, Mina, ???? and Marlon in 2019-20. Depends who that 3rd CB would be but overall I'd be ok with that rotation.

I don't see Marlon coming back next summer though as we won't have a non EU spot for him if we'll buy Mina and Coutinho.

I might've accidentally reported your post, sorry. :lol:

They bought Retsos from Olympiacos for nearly 18M this summer. They prolly think about future.

Tho they might wanna keep him. Don't know. But personally dislike Mina so I'd be more pleased with Marlon-Pique-Tah fighting for the spot.

Also like Gimenez. Actually prefer him over both Tah and Mina.

Don't know about Gimenez. It's one thing to look good in Atletico's defense and another one with us. And he's not even a starting CB or playing good for them right now. Also, Atletico probably won't sell him below his release clause (which is 60M IIRC) and that's just too much imo. There are other cheaper alternatives.

khaled_a_d

Don't know about Gimenez. It's one thing to look good in Atletico's defense and another one with us. And he's not even a starting CB or playing good for them right now. Also, Atletico probably won't sell him below his release clause (which is 60M IIRC) and that's just too much imo. There are other cheaper alternatives.

He is free agent next summer. Gimenez, Unai Núñez & De Vrij are 3 CB who will have their contract expire next summer that we should consider . If we sort our 2 CB with only 9M (free agent + Mina) it could help pur chances in reinforcing the rest of the squad in summer

M

MessiCam

He is free agent next summer. Gimenez, Unai Núñez & De Vrij are 3 CB who will have their contract expire next summer that we should consider . If we sort our 2 CB with only 9M (free agent + Mina) it could help pur chances in reinforcing the rest of the squad in summer
There is a lot of smart business to be done this winter, even if it means paying small fees to these players whom are out of contract soon, but with this board I doubt it will happen.

This is going to be a big transfer window because teams would like to avoid the inflation that comes after a World Cup. Look at James Rodrigues... went from a nobody to a 70 Million player based on his World Cup performance.

Home of Barca Fans