----------Messi-----Suarez

aaron101

This is what I'd like to see:

---------------Ter Stegen
Semedo--Mascherano--Umtiti--Alba
----------Paulinho--Busquets
---Alena-------------------Denis
----------Messi-----Suarez

I'd like to see this lineup too but unfortunately, it's almost 100% sure that Valverde will never start Alena.

booge

Lol considering Suarez's bad form. Maybe the coach please rather bring him on as a sub? just a perhaps?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Matchday! :barcaflag:

What Sport predicts:

1509736899221.jpg

After drawing in Athens I am sure team will be extra motivated to get back on winning track.

Up to Messi to create anything and everything going forward. Midfield, Suarez and Deu are absolute trash right now so I don't expect much out of them. I'm sure Umtiti and Stegen will keep us from conceding to many, just have to hope Messi is firing tonight otherwise I can see us easily dropping points.

slvtn

Deulofeu needs to start. Maybe the Sevilla players will laugh that much about his dribbling skills that he can actually create space for Messi to shine.

My prediction would be another 0:0.

FCBfan22

I would go with:
------------Ter Stegen-----------
Semedo---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
------------Busquets-------------
-Rakitić/Paulinho----Denis------
--------------Messi---------------
-Deulofeu---------------Suarez-

Subbing in Iniesta in around 70th minute, if we are losing or drawing.

Paulinho-Rakitić midfield would be a disaster.

serghei

I have my eyes on Pique, Rakitic and Suarez, in this order. Yes, Suarez hasn't been as bad as preached, and did fine in the last games providing danger in the box, but man, he needs to take his chances like a top striker does, or else he'll be blamed and rightfully so. That's the no1 job of a striker. He needs to shoot when in positions to score. Stop looking for Messi all the time like some average players. Amd lose some weight FFS. He's like a bear out there. He can wrestle with opponents just like before, but his finishing and his speed have declined majorly this season so far. That being said, I'm counting on him this season all the way.

Pique is self-explanatory really, right now Umtiti plays like a top 3 CB in the world, and Mascherano is all in as usual, tackling and being the leader we know he is. Pique shouldn't play as a starter if he doesn't get his shit together. 2 of our CBs are playing better than him atm. Unlike Suarez who has no competition, we are doing well in defense, except for his WTF moments. Pique can actually be benched with no problems, since Umtiti - Mascherano is probably our best CB pair at this minute.

Rakitic needs to pick less safe passing options and look to really create when he has a chance to do so, instead of chickening out and passing the responsability to some other teammate. I hate midfielders who lack balls, and he's becoming the personification of that player more and more with each game day.

Sooner or later Messi will have an off day on Camp Nou as well, not only in away games. We need to play well as a team to overcome this situations which will occur with certainty not too distantly into the future.

Last edited:
I have my eyes on Pique, Rakitic and Suarez, in this order. Yes, Suarez hasn't been as bad as preached, and did fine in the last games providing danger in the box, but man, he needs to take his chances like a top striker does, or else he'll be blamed and rightfully so. That's the no1 job of a striker. He needs to shoot when in positions to score. Stop looking for Messi all the time like some average players. Amd lose some weight FFS. He's like a bear out there. He can wrestle with opponents just like before, but his finishing and his speed have declined majorly this season so far. That being said, I'm counting on him this season all the way.

Pique is self-explanatory really, right now Umtiti plays like a top 3 CB in the world, and Mascherano is all in as usual, tackling and being the leader we know he is. Pique shouldn't play as a starter if he doesn't get his shit together. 2 of our CBs are playing better than him atm. Unlike Suarez who has no competition, we are doing well in defense, except for his WTF moments. Pique can actually be benched with no problems, since Umtiti - Mascherano is probably our best CB pair at this minute.

Rakitic needs to pick less safe passing options and look to really create when he has a chance to do so, instead of chickening out and passing the responsability to some other teammate. I hate midfielders who lack balls, and he's becoming the personification of that player more and more with each game day.

Sooner or later Messi will have an off day on Camp Nou as well, not only in away games. We need to play well as a team to overcome this situations which will occur with certainty not too distantly into the future.

Is this statement founded in any logic or factual evidence or is just plain wishful thinking?

serghei

Is this statement founded in any logic or factual evidence or is just plain wishful thinking?

It's the respect and the trust of a fan for a player that has won a lot of titles with our club over the last 3 seasons. I can at least have patience with him to give him a chance to get back on top. Several months of bad form is not enough to give up on Suarez.

If he goes like this for a whole season, then yes, we can talk about him being done at the highest level.

Last edited:
It's the respect and the trust of a fan for a player that has won a lot of titles with our club over the last 3 seasons. I can at least have patience with him to give him a chance to get back on top. Several months of bad form is not enough to give up on Suarez.

If he goes like this for a whole season, then yes, we can talk about him being done at the highest level.

Alright, fair enough. He's going to be given the entire season to sort this out, either he does and stays a couple more years, or otherwise he's out the door.

Home of Barca Fans