Would you sign Antoine Griezmann for 100m?

Griezmann for 100m, Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't really rate October rumors, but there's a report claiming Barcelona have contacted The Griez' entourage to discuss a summer transfer what would cost 100m(his buyout). Reportedly don't want to make the same mistakes they did in the past when they passed over players who wanted to play for this club like Asensio. An investment in Griezmann is not going to affect a midfield signing.

Even if that report is not true which tend to be the case this time of the year.....the fact is that Griezmann is likely to leave Atletico in the summer for said amount. They have secured Diego Costa and would be looking reinvest that money knowing the inevitable is going to happen.

Simple question really, but I ask you take certain conditions into consideration.

First all, before you hit the Yes/No button,

Assume we'll play with a similar system where Messi is in center so consider compatibility and experience as well.

Then consider other alternatives in the market, Timo Werner, Belotti, who would both cost in the excess of 70m themselves. Consider their suitability, current level and experience. Would it be better for Barcelona to go with a proven class player right now during Messi's last peak years or should we sign a young striker right away even if he might need 2-3 years to get to his best level?

Would it make more sense to sign Griezmann and wait to see if a young striker in La Masia like Abel Ruiz makes it, or assess the market the next 3-4 years, perhaps even wait to see if Mbappe is willing to move, or go for a young striker now?

Also consider Suarez' age and struggles. This poll is not asking whether Suarez should be sold and he might still get back to a better level, but we're likely still seeing a decline.

DonAK

Also if you're going to say shit like Griezmann is an average or overrated player and that there are countless better alternatives, you better name them or not post at all.

For the record: If you find Griezmann overrated, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but if you claim there are better alternatives you should name them and say why you think they would be better.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I said no, but it is really depending on EV plans and how he wants to use him.
But I really don't see a place for him, he is more of a 2nd striker which we don't really need. I think we need someone who is capable of playing more on sides, less in Messi place

DonAK

I said no, but it is really depending on EV plans and how he wants to use him.
But I really don't see a place for him, he is more of a 2nd striker which we don't really need. I think we need someone who is capable of playing more on sides, less in Messi place

He's quite versatile tbh. Played as a second striker, lone striker at Atletico, but made his name mostly playing as a LW at Real Sociedad.

I would personally like him, but someone like Timo Werner with blistering pace who can play as a winger and striker would be nice as well. Whether he can fit in and his inexperience could be arguments against him though. While we need to look forward, we should also want to maximize Messi's last peak years and already have Dembele who need a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No.

I do like Griezmann but we need to rebuild the team as Suarez and Messi are in their 30s.
Look for someone younger and cheaper, possibly.

khaled_a_d

He's quite versatile tbh. Played as a second striker, lone striker at Atletico, but made his name mostly playing as a LW at Real Sociedad.

I would personally like him, but someone like Timo Werner with blistering pace who can play as a winger and striker would be nice as well. Whether he can fit in and his inexperience could be arguments against him though. While we need to look forward, we should also want to maximize Messi's last peak years and already have Dembele who need a lot to learn.

I want to see what can Dembel do in LW with Gerard occupying RW for some games, if he fits in well on LW I might be interested in Malcolm on RW but it would require some work on non-eu players. There is also Werner as you said, Martial might be an option although Jamdav has some legit concers. May be someone else will appear, let's see

Givenchy

Yes for me. i would of said maybe at the start of the season but after seeing how shit Suarez is we will desperately need a world class striker asap. I think Madrid will be in the market for a striker next summer and with the Atleti-Madrid thing we are in a great position to sign him without much competition from them. I can't really think of many other strikers who would work here and bring instant success, he knows the league, played against us many times etc

I'd really like to see us go for Martial if we take the youth/future route as i think he'll also be wanting out in the summer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Look how Abel Ruiz would develop before splashing the cash on a striker right away! Immediate requirement is an able midfielder, after signing whom, the RF role can be switched between Deulofeu and Roberto and even Messi if Suarez would eventuallly come good and we begun usng a 4-2-3-1 or some thing!

In fact, signing an RF is the need of the hour if we decided to sell Suarez anyway!!

Suarez is done so it only makes sense, would rather go for him than some young prospect who is unproven in La Liga. You're not going to get an established player at his level for anywhere close to less than 100m, he is our best option.

hulinat

Suarez isnt done, hes just being played out of position and Griezmann has scored like 1 goal this season lol

Suarez isnt done, hes just being played out of position and Griezmann has scored like 1 goal this season lol

I don't think being played out of position is forcing him to miss sitter after sitter, fail to control the ball, ruin his first touch, kill his passing etc.

Its called low confidence due to being played OOF.

Being low on confidence doesn't make players forget how to play football, it may make them less expressive on the pitch, but it doesn't turn them in to utter trash. The guy is almost 31 now and has gradually been getting worse since the start of last season, isn't it in the realm of possibility that's he just declining and very fast?

hulinat

Being low on confidence doesn't make players forget how to play football, it may make them less expressive on the pitch, but it doesn't turn them in to utter trash. The guy is almost 31 now and has gradually been getting worse since the start of last season, isn't it in the realm of possibility that's he just declining and very fast?

Yeah he went from scoring 50 goals a season and then turned into a complete retard during the summer, but still somehow manages to get back to his element whenever he plays for the national team.

Home of Barca Fans