Would you sign Antoine Griezmann for 100m?

Griezmann for 100m, Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah he went from scoring 50 goals a season and then turned into a complete retard during the summer, but still somehow manages to get back to his element whenever he plays for the national team.

No, the signs of decline were very apparent last season as well, he just wasn't this bad, he got progressively worse as the season went on, especially in the 2nd half of last season.

He did not score 50 goals last year, nor 40, he had 37, which is still a very respectable number, but he only had 16 goals in 2nd half of last season in La Liga/UCL and 19 in the calendar year of 2017 so far (only 2 months left).

He hasn't been very good for his national team either, I don't know where you're getting your information from but he only scored 5 goals in 13 appearances for Uruguay in World Cup Qualifying, I think you're basing your evaluation of him being on form for his NT on his one latest match against Bolivia where he scored 2 of his 5 goals.

The most embarrassing stat of all is that he only has 3 GOALS this season so far in 11 appearances.

Are you going to keep making baseless excuses or acknowledge the facts in front of you. If he is "low on confidence" that's his own doing for playing so poorly and great players don't go through prolonged dry spells like Suarez is going through right now.

hulinat

So you want to trade him for Griezmann who has 2 GOALS this season? I'll remind you again, Suarez is being played out of position.

And "great players never go through dry spells" just lol.

Last edited:
So you want to trade him for Griezmann who has 2 GOALS this season?

And "great players never go through dry spells" just lol.

Griezmann is playing on Atletico Madrid, a team that doesn't score many goals, in fact the team as a whole only has 15 goals in 12 matches played. It seems like Atleti as a whole are struggling offensively from the midfield up and Griezmann is not getting many chances to finish. I'm pretty sure if he had been playing LW for us this season alongside Messi that he would have a lot more than that and certainly a lot more than Suarez has. He is 26, 4 years younger than Suarez, has experience in La Liga and fills a position of need at LW. I don't think we're going to do much better for 100m in today's market.

I also never said great players never go through dry spells, if you open your eyes and re-read my comment maybe you'll notice that you missed the word 'prolonged'. He has been struggling for almost 10 months now and father time is not on his side either.

You're really grasping at straws here, you have this strong affinity for Suarez and after all the great things he's done here and I don't blame you, but at some point every player has to move on. Right now you're basing your belief in Suarez to regain form based on wishful thinking rather than taking a logical approach.

I too cross my fingers hope he can kick on and help us win titles this year, but there exists no evidence that points towards that outcome occurring in all likelihood.

hulinat

By that logic you could say that Barcelona isn't a team that scores alot of goals either since Messi alone has scored 11 out of the 26 (42%) and Suarez the second most.

Again, Suarez is not a winger unlike Griezmann and there's no point playing him so wide since he can't do much from there.

By that logic you could say that Barcelona isn't a team that scores alot of goals either since Messi alone has scored 11 out of the 26 (42%) and Suarez the second most.

Again, Suarez is not a winger unlike Griezmann and there's no point playing him so wide since he can't do much from there.

The thing is that Suarez isn't being played as a traditional winger, he's more of an inside forward that has been playing just to the left of Messi, but still relatively central. He is still being played in a familiar area of the pitch and is still getting many opportunities a good striker should be putting away. Let's just say that his form has been due to his positioning this season, this doesn't explain why he's failing to hit empty nets, fumbling his first touch, making poor passes, running slower, among other things. His position on the pitch should not affect any of these attributes and he has been bad at these things since the second half of last year when he was operating as a lone striker so this argument really doesn't hold any value.

henias

[MENTION=22413]Ousmane Dembélé[/MENTION] [MENTION=16684]Joppe[/MENTION] His national team plays a very different style, a classic 442, and its simple counter attacking is much easier for Luis to adapt too, thats why he scores and performs much better. No doubt, he lost alot of his pace over the years, slower reaction, and kinda the lost bits of elements of passing and clever positioning that he used to have.

Also, during the treble season, he depended alot on counter attacks and Neymar to score goals. Now that Barcelona depends more on the traditional passing football, his weaknesses will definitely be exposed.

But I wouldn't say he's ENTIRELY finished. He still needs someone like Dembele to aid him alot with his lack of pace. Barca lack width and someone like him will surely suffer. Anaiz shud be working on the left side to help solve this issue.

I would like think why he missed sitters after sitters in Barcelona and not in his NT is because he drifts alot to the wings causing him to be exhausted. And he only has Messi to depend, without Neymar he has to drive the ball forward on his own alot, and dribbling too much isnt exactly his forte, he will lose possession and tire out easily. He's very much like Cavani, only difference is Cavani has Mbappe and Neymar at his service. They are both equally good striker.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He didn't play well for Uruguay in the last round. Tables turned there. Cavani looks like the man for Uruguay now while it used to be the other way around.

khaled_a_d

Suarez isn't done? This is a statement that I agree with to some extent, he is doing too much to be calling him done.

Is he playing out of position? That is also true, he is now LCF which makes him shift a lot to left to make opponent RB occupied, whether to prevent him from attacking when we don't have the ball, or drag him inside to open things for Alba

What is the solution for this? It is for sure not playing him back as CF, Messi hasn't been RW for almost 2 years, and this year shown that once a RW is there the team is overall better and more balanced, Messi is playing centrally, Dembele is a winger by trade so playing two strikers in the middle doesn't look much of an option for me.

In other words, even if playing out of position , Suarez will need to adapt to that. we can't sacrifice Messi or the balance of the team atm.
More important, eve if Suarez isn't done, he is declining since last year and we need to stop squeezing everything from our old guard. We need to be proactive and ruthless, if a player aged 30 or more is out of form then you immediately need to look for replacement as soon as possible.

El Flaco

He's very much like Cavani, only difference is Cavani has Mbappe and Neymar at his service. They are both equally good striker.

Didn't Cavani score 49 goals in 50 games last season without having Mbappé & Neymar at his service?

I think he's comfortably better than Suárez since last season.

BarçaBarça

Dream-signing. World class player, who can adapt to our system, and probably would be better here than for notoriously defensive-minded Atletico.
I believe we could get the best out of him, he is no classic 9 anyway, so a winger-role or roaming from false 9 a bit to the right or left could work, imo.

He is not a shiny new toy like Dybala would be, or some new Brazilian. But on the other hand he is proven world class, so that should count something also :lol:

Last edited:

The long ball is very popular in La Liga. There is a chronic reliance on luck and muscles in La Liga, without any sort of microscopic tactics. Tactics tend to be macroscopic (ie cross,cross) because the players in La Liga are not intelligent enough. In fact, the air is very thick in La Liga, whereas in Premier League the air is very thin. With Guardiola and Mourinho being so scientific luck won't get you anywhere in Premier League.

Home of Barca Fans