Lliga | Round 10: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 0-2

LeeRomeno

I don't get why some people get so upset seeing others with different opinion. I've seen many Barca fans and regular football followers that think Barca hasn't been playing good football and all the while I cherish reading other opinions that look for silver linings.

Corny thing to say is; truth is always in the middle. I never agreed with that but there are certainly many shades of grey here.

There is nothing wrong with different opinions. Problem is that the most vocal people are usually giving the most extreme opinions. What pisses me off is when i watch a difficult game, where we have a great spell in first half, for some reason completely go into standstill mode in second, but in the end come out with winner, i feel relieved and happy that we managed to get away with vital points. I come to forum and there are loads of people who actually want our coach fired. This is ridiculous beyond limits. I am pretty sure that even the most optimistic fans were not praising our second half performance, does not mean we have played in every game this way or even if it only matters.
It is scientifically proven fact that human brain has tendency of messing with us, usually in ways that it will forget the negative memories. This will result in people glorifying the past. By hearing some comments here, it makes me feel like we have at some time experienced a season where we trashed every opponent 4-0, while never giving them any chance against us and winning all competitions. Which is of course not true. Constructive critisism is fine, but overexaggerated trash and trolling is where this forum should be monitored way more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the point they are trying to make is Barca is not playing good football like in the days they fell in love with during Rijkaard or Guardiola era.

Noone is disputing we struggled under pep too and had many games where we barely had shots on target.

M

MessiCam

What gap? After the round of 32, there are matches every midweek starting in January and continuing until the CL starts up in the middle of February. If we qualify for the final again that means we will have played 6 consecutive midweek matches. I'd rather we not play those extra games and burn ourselves out.

Take a look at our Copa fixtures from the R16 onward from last year and look at the dates on the left side of the picture:

zXHBROc.png

Looks pretty congested to me...

Apologies.

Gaudi

I followed Gomes carefully, strange player. He is not that bad in technical department, he has certain vision and flair but he is slow, slow feet. Majority of slow players are not good for modern football, rare examples are like Busi who is super calm and smart. Even that is a problem, our entire setup. If we have Busi, Rakitic and Gomes in midfield we are turtles.

But on a positive side with Dembele back and ONE midfielder I think we can be at least 30% better team.

M

MessiCam

I followed Gomes carefully, strange player. He is not that bad in technical department, he has certain vision and flair but he is slow, slow feet. Majority of slow players are not good for modern football, rare examples are like Busi who is super calm and smart. Even that is a problem, our entire setup. If we have Busi, Rakitic and Gomes in midfield we are turtles.

But on a positive side with Dembele back and ONE midfielder I think we can be at least 30% better team.

Where is Dembele going to play in this system? We tried the 4-3-3 (False 9) to good effect but Suarez sucked so hard we had to accommodate him with a switch to this 4-4-2 system which has apparently "liberated" Messi (I don't see it) but despite this accommodation Suarez still sucks.

4-2-3-1? I don't see it because Valverde doesn't trust either Denis or Deulofeu for wing play, we have no inside forwards, Suarez still sucks hard and Iniesta would have to play a deeper role alongside Busquets or sit on the bench for Paulinho or Rakitic to play.

4-1-4-1? Can see this one working with Busquets as pivot, Denis LW, Iniesta/Roberto AM, Messi AM, Dembele RW with Suarez as CF but there is no place for the likes of Rakitic/Gomes/Paulinho so don't think it will even be considered because Rakitic is a guaranteed starter.

Valverde has some big decisions to make because we can't continue accommodating under-performing players like Rakitic and Suarez... Bringing in an extra midfielder at this point serves no purpose either because he won't be used. Rather keep the money until Valverde has the balls to send Rakitic and Suarez packing.

dakt

There is nothing wrong with different opinions. Problem is that the most vocal people are usually giving the most extreme opinions. What pisses me off is when i watch a difficult game, where we have a great spell in first half, for some reason completely go into standstill mode in second, but in the end come out with winner, i feel relieved and happy that we managed to get away with vital points. I come to forum and there are loads of people who actually want our coach fired. This is ridiculous beyond limits. I am pretty sure that even the most optimistic fans were not praising our second half performance, does not mean we have played in every game this way or even if it only matters.
It is scientifically proven fact that human brain has tendency of messing with us, usually in ways that it will forget the negative memories. This will result in people glorifying the past. By hearing some comments here, it makes me feel like we have at some time experienced a season where we trashed every opponent 4-0, while never giving them any chance against us and winning all competitions. Which is of course not true. Constructive critisism is fine, but overexaggerated trash and trolling is where this forum should be monitored way more.

:goodpost:

Gaudi

Where is Dembele going to play in this system? We tried the 4-3-3 (False 9) to good effect but Suarez sucked so hard we had to accommodate him with a switch to this 4-4-2 system which has apparently "liberated" Messi (I don't see it) but despite this accommodation Suarez still sucks.

4-2-3-1? I don't see it because Valverde doesn't trust either Denis or Deulofeu for wing play, we have no inside forwards, Suarez still sucks hard and Iniesta would have to play a deeper role alongside Busquets or sit on the bench for Paulinho or Rakitic to play.

4-1-4-1? Can see this one working with Busquets as pivot, Denis LW, Iniesta/Roberto AM, Messi AM, Dembele RW with Suarez as CF but there is no place for the likes of Rakitic/Gomes/Paulinho so don't think it will even be considered because Rakitic is a guaranteed starter.

Valverde has some big decisions to make because we can't continue accommodating under-performing players like Rakitic and Suarez... Bringing in an extra midfielder at this point serves no purpose either because he won't be used. Rather keep the money until Valverde has the balls to send Rakitic and Suarez packing.

Ohhh yes, big decisions for coach, I was talking more about players and strength not tactics. Maybe 2 attackers and Messi free role behind them?

PhilS

There is no need for a 3rd forward when Paulinho is playing. I love the way the defense recovers this season. Even when the opponents penetrate, someone steps up to prevent the goal.

FinBarcelonafan

What gap? After the round of 32, there are matches every midweek starting in January and continuing until the CL starts up in the middle of February. If we qualify for the final again that means we will have played 6 consecutive midweek matches. I'd rather we not play those extra games and burn ourselves out.

Take a look at our Copa fixtures from the R16 onward from last year and look at the dates on the left side of the picture:

zXHBROc.png

Looks pretty congested to me...

That's actually quite crazy. I hope Valverde will focus on winning Spanish league and CL. Let the kids play in COPA..

Home of Barca Fans